CatalogSearchParameter not filtereing C

Hello, fellow developers I encountered an issue with what seems to a CatalogSearchParams object problem. The problem in question essentially is that when I input AssetTypes to CatalogSearchParams.AssetTypes to filter, it goes through no errors on output but when I call :SearchCatalog(CatalogSearchParams) it just returns anything but what I told the filter to well, filter through.

Snipet:

local CatalogSearchParemeter = CatalogSearchParams.new()
CatalogSearchParemeter.AssetTypes = {Enum.AvatarAssetType.TShirt, Enum.AvatarAssetType.Shirt}

local PagesObject = AvatarEditorService:SearchCatalog(CatalogSearchParemeter)
SearchPage[Object.Name] = PagesObject

print("Filtered by", CatalogSearchParemeter.AssetTypes)
print(PagesObject)

LoadNextPageAsync(SearchPage[Object.Name], Object)

So far I tried things like putting other type of filter but regardless this doesn’t take effect and same as before doesn’t filter through.

NOTE: someone apparently already reported this in the post

and Roblox staff replied with it being reported to Roblox staff internally, but apparently there is still not outcome, now I also filter with EmoteAnimations Asset type and it works like a charm, but classic clothing doesn’t.

1 Like

I’m not too well versed in the CatalogSearchParameters datatype but if it’s a bug and it was already reported but not fixed it’s likely not to be fixed (at least for a while)
I can think of a bootleg fix if you would like:
using the catalog api you might be able to manually make the api request using game:GetService(“HttpService”):GetAsync() or something and send the client the data through a RemoteEvent/RemoteFunction

2 Likes

Yeah I tried looking into that, here is the problem to access end points in the api request since its roblox you can’t directly access them, you have to proxy them, which is NOT reliable, and can cause problems such as 404 Not found or connection refused. which overall its just a pain for something like that, my theory is that probably the addition of layered clothing messed up endpoints internally or something related to it.

I’ve noticed this aswell. Truly unfortunate.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.