Cave Building Feedback

Hey there, Devforum!
I’m back at it with a semi-new build.
I just wanted to show you people it and ask for your opinion on it. The idea is this little cave section which is meant to be dark an ominous. I hope you can give any suggestions to what I could add, thanks! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think it’s a tad too dark for the amount of lights. Other than that, it’s pretty good.

2 Likes

I realise that at well, and I’m already trying to redesign the lighting for it, as you said there are too many for the current light level.

2 Likes

The build looks very cool and detailed and I do not think you should add/remove something from it.
For the lightning problem, I suggest making some invisible lights or something like that. This could really help without you even having to add more lamps.

Just wondering, is this for an SCP themed facility? :smile:

2 Likes

I’d suggest looking at implementing some custom lighting. And perhaps look at remaking the decorative bushes

2 Likes

The map looks pretty good, however I suggest you to slightly improve the lighting in the center of the map.

1 Like

Wdym, custom lighting?
I have already rigged the lighting system to be able to power on/off and enter an emergency mode. Is this what you mean by that? Thanks for the suggestion anyway :slight_smile:

I like you’re using that grey/light grey-blue color with the materials. Reminds me like a cave in a way. Maybe try fixing the lighting and updating the images for further feedback?

1 Like

This map looks really neat, overall it clearly represents an underground base/bunker and is very sci-fi. I really like the design and layout of the build itself, it really gives it a cool feeling.

Things to maybe work on:
One thing to work on is the lighting, it could be worked on so much more of the base can be seen, not a huge problem though as it would by dark, but could be a little lighter.

Strong features:

• Piping
  • Use of plants
  • Light model placements
  • General layout

Hope this feedback helps, and good luck on the future development of this build! :star: