Certain Queries in the Audio Section of the Library show no results

This bug has been going on ever since Roblox did something to the audios relating to copyright, which was several months ago.

Bug Description
Whenever I search for audio with specific keywords in the Library, I’m greeted with no results. The keywords in question are related to famous singers and bands such as Prince, Madonna, Gorillaz, etc. Previously, there would be hundreds of audios that would turn up when I searched with those terms, and I doubt the moderation purged all of them. I don’t think it’s my browser because queries of other artists turned up results.

Repro
Go to the audio section of the library and enter the name of a famous singer or band into the search box, where you will be greeted with no results. Keep in mind that not every artist will show blank results.

Screenshots

Some well known bands and singers, such as Starset, will show results.

Browser Specs

Browser
Firefox version 89.0.2 (x64 en-US) with modified about:config settings

Extensions
uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, Decentraleyes, Cookie Autodelete, Multi-Account Containers, CanvasBlocker, and ClearURLs.

This a problem because some famous singers have names that are also general words, such as “Prince”. There are HUNDREDS of audios, possibly including Roblox ones, with only that word in their title but don’t contain his songs. Because of that, they will not show up in the search results and are essentially unlisted, which makes finding audios for games more difficult than it already is.

7 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

4 Likes

Sorry for bumping, but it’s been about a month since I made this report and it hasn’t been fixed at all.

Update
I searched this today and no results pop up. So is there any update on this bug?

1 Like

try putting a - or _ after a non-working keyword, that should fix it. Train, is a keyword that does not work on its own. But if you use Train-, it will show the results.

3 Likes

This issue still occurs. Using an underscore helps as a workaround, but there’s been no official update so far on a fix.