Certain UI elements freeze players ability to move

Expected behaviour: When the particular UI elements pop up on the screen, I should continue to be able to move the character as I am able to on other devices.

Actual behaviour: When certain UI elements pop up on the screen, I loose the ability to move my character around, standing in place until the UI element disappears.

In this video, I am playing “Natural Disaster Survival”, when the Winners leader board screen pops up, I loose my ability to control my character. After the leader board screen disappears I regain my ability to control my character. Then soon after when the game announces the map that will be used in the particular round, I once again loose my ability to control the character until once again the UI element disappears.

During the duration I am frozen, you can see other players moving around the hub/lobby area.

Issue Area: Xbox Client
Impact: Minor (in this instance, though I do suspect that depending on context it would be more severe)
Frequently: Whenever UI elements like shown in the video appear (apart from that, IDK)

1 Like

Thanks for the report! I filed a ticket in our internal database.

1 Like

This is done through the experience script in NDS.