The Big Bug Reporting Update

We are slowly going through the join request backlog in batches. (e.g. added some dozens of people last week) We got a lot of requests when this announcement was made and we are being careful with how many we add at a time to make sure we don’t overwhelm internal teams.

If you sent a join request, we’ll get to it as soon as we can, appreciate your patience here during this initial wave from this change.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, I just thought I had been passed over while hundreds of others had already added
But it turns out it’s just that my turn hasn’t reached me yet, thanks for the answer

An admin sent me a message about this, I’m happy to see this be a thing now.

I’ve since submitted a request to the bug reporting group, hopefully I can join soon since I do develop with a friend group and we run into bugs here and there, even just playing games ROBLOX is a bit buggy, so it’s nice to be able to report it easier.

Ill also try to be joining the features request too.

1 Like

Do you select users randomly when adding them? Or is there a specific criterion?

1 Like

Order is kinda haphazard (we messed up a few times when looking at the join request queue due to how forum software shows the requests) but it’s generally just by when you submitted the request with some weight added if you wrote a particularly convincing reason :smile:

PS: we accepted 100 more people this week

1 Like

Oh okay :D. I don’t remember what I wrote in the reason section, I hope I didn’t write something ridiculous.

1 Like

I requested to join the group the day this was announced (7 weeks ago), but I haven’t heard back from anyone. At what point should I send another request?

Why hasn’t my request to join the group been accepted? It’s been several months already

You requested on Mar 12, less than a month ago (not several), and we still have people who requested in February waiting to be accepted. There’s just that many people interested in having access even though we accepted hundreds of folks already. Thanks for your patience!

Why not make acceptance automated, and have moderation be more strictly enforced?

We are not ready to scale that fast because there are human resources involved in triaging and replying to the bug reports. It’s not about invalid bug reports but also the scale of valid bug reports. Thanks for understanding.

Its been multiple months since I initially sent a membership request to group and I’ve gotten nothing in terms of a response or acknowledgement that the request had even been seen let alone considered and a determination made.

Hell, I even managed to use the old bug reporting method for non-regulars and have it be posted to the category whilst waiting. As I said in the message bellow, it feels like I’m being left in the dark in a system that was intended to make the reporting of bugs for non-regulars easier. This entire process of waiting and waiting and even more waiting just for the possibility of getting accepted is making me feel like this new system is making it a lot harder to report bugs in reality (especially as someone who has contributed to making the platform better by reporting multiple issues/bugs in the past.)

Unoriginal, we do not process replies to the request messages, please don’t reply to these messages as we will not see your replies.

Please refer to the posts of mine right above yours for further information why your request is not accepted yet. Going as fast as we can, thanks for your patience! We accepted a couple hundred people in the past week but there are still many more in queue.

Will the old method of using the Bug Reports group still work in the meantime? If it weren’t for that the said critical issue that I mentioned would still be rotting away whilst waiting to get into the group.

Yes that inbox is still open and accepting content until we run through the request backlog.

1 Like

When? Please, we don’t want to wait any longer.

For feature request discussion please weigh in on this thread instead with your comments: All forum users should have a path forward to be able to post in feature requests.

1 Like

Quick question @Hooksmith:
Is it true everyone on the Forum will be accepted into AllowBugReports soon?

Should we still request permission to join the group or wait until everyone is accepted?

Best regards,
@TertiaryEmplace

No, you need to request to join now and in the future.

1 Like

Hi, is there any way to check on the status of our AllowBugReports request? I feel like I applied longer than a month ago, but still have yet to be accepted. There is a mesh issue with the Roblox-created catalog item Duke of the Fallen Federation when looking at it from behind, and I’d like to report this:

EDIT: just realized we can DM the legacy group still, I will try submitting that way in the meantime. Thanks.