CFP & Roblox Research Panel: What You Need to Know

Why do you guys need my state and race to join? Seems a bit strange for a feedback program.

11 Likes

I can only assume it’s to encourage “diversity” in the program, the US state question exists to block non-US residents from applying as well by denying anyone who doesn’t select one.

8 Likes

That’s because it’s actually a survey site, akin to Google Opinion Rewards. Surprise!

6 Likes

To make it very clear, I was sent the email despite the fact that I have never been to the US, never had my Roblox account logged in within the US and I’ve actively stated to Roblox that I don’t live in the US (my Roblox account has my real country listed); this was sent to literally everyone and did not include the fact that only US users were eligible except for a footnote after the big flashy marketing campaign of an email.

This message was also sent with the original email sent to creators referencing that diversity is a factor for acceptance:

we are interested in speaking with a broad range of people and ensuring diverse perspectives in the community so not everyone who completes this first survey will be asked to become a member

7 Likes

Roblox asked the questions to get demographics. They also want diverse viewpoints as said in the email. Roblox, as of this post, has opened the survey program (and whatever associated 5$ Amazon gift card rewards) to all users LIVING IN THE UNITED STATES

4 Likes

Its good to see Roblox looking for critical creator feedback. This can help the community, and Roblox, make better and more informed decisions in the future!

4 Likes

I don’t get why all these things are always limited to the US when 70% of Roblox users live outside of the US.

5 Likes

Same thing happened to me. Quite odd imo.

4 Likes

This is likely just to ensure the gift card is in USD, or for tax reasons.

3 Likes

Found a bug with the sign up page: If you refresh at all, you get an error screen and you can’t take the survey, regardless of whether or not you actually completed it.

3 Likes

Go ahead and clear cookies, it will allow you to re-take it once you’ve cleared cookies.

4 Likes

I know. I was about to edit it to say that but it’s definitely a major oversight.

4 Likes

Interestingly, the program Roblox uses lets them automatically convert USD to local currencies.

2 Likes

Its good for there to be ways to give feedback; the devforum used to be good for that but its understandable that its no longer a good place to give feedback to roblox after it was opened to the general public instead of being invite only.

5 Likes

Didn’t fix it for me. Hopefully they get this ironed out because I know if a few of us have had that issue with completing the application many more have.

1 Like

Some teams, and individuals, at Roblox are doing great in terms of ‘respecting the community’, as is a core value at Roblox. However, some are not doing a great job listening to the community.

As more product announcements come out, I find more people who work at Roblox or more teams at Roblox. I feel like Roblox should have a public list of teams, that can be publicly facing. Maybe individual accounts who work on those teams listed as well, with a way to contact about things.

That all wouldn’t need to happen if the current system, feature requests and bug reports, we are supposed to use actually worked. Some at Roblox do a great job responding to feature requests and bug reports, but some posts sit for years upon years with no response. We don’t know we are heard if there’s no response.

I know Roblox has a system in place, but it’s not working for all of Roblox. I feel at times as though I am knocking on a door when nobody is home. I hope that my concerns, and those from others, are listened to.

Anyhow, thanks for the clarification, the requirements being public info is awesome.

2 Likes

I mean, hey, I’d love to work at Roblox to exclusively gather feedback from the community. I could manage feedback through surveys, discussions, etc. on the forum. There’s not really a job for that though, at least not one I’ve seen on the Careers page.

1 Like

I heard you can earn gift cards and some rewards from the research panel, but half of the time you’ll get denied by AI (im assuming, because of how fast you can get denied)

1 Like

Your summary really doesn’t clarify too much about the Roblox Research Panel actually does, Is “New feature concept and user testing.” meaning closed betas or just screenshots? I also still have issues with the region locking, that really makes no sense.
I don’t see how you would be reasonably doing closed beta testing with this amount of people either already. I’m also not fully understanding that if this program was to just get mostly surveys, why wouldn’t they just be in the Roblox Surveys DevForum category like they used to be? It doesn’t help that most of the emails are still being labeled as spam either.

Thanks for a link that works, since the invite I got months ago never worked.

To be fair, outside of the US region locking thing, which I do find quite odd, they’ve been inviting just about everyone to this program, even people with no active history, although a lot of the invites went into junk folders and such. This isn’t akin to Community Feedback at all, which only houses ~300 developers, who have a known history on this platform. If it wasn’t for the region locking, this wouldn’t really be exclusive to anyone, it seems just about anyone can sign up currently. I don’t fully understand why the shift to this is from using the DevForum category for these surveys though.

2 Likes

I’m curious why this panel is locked to creators from the US, wouldn’t you want feedback from your creators around the globe?