CFP & Roblox Research Panel: What You Need to Know

I think that until this panel allows non-US residents, it’s not representative and not good enough. It might even worsen things for creators from third world countries depending on how feedback is asked, given and gathered.

2 Likes

I would’ve joined the Research Panel if I wasn’t obliged to be a US resident. It’s frustrating, especially when you promise ALL creators to connect. At least don’t promise that until you globalize the application. I don’t want to get hyped up for no reason; I’m sure others don’t want to either. As of now, it’s just false information.

1 Like

This is dissapointing. I thought i could provide some feedback but I guess not.

I just despise when companies geolock things to specific countries, it just frustrates me and knowing luck they’ll never expand to my own country.

2 Likes

You can get automatically denied even if you are in the US with a high chance. Having to be in the US is stupid enough, and not representing enough of the community, but also getting automatically denied with no human review put into it, especially after they ask you to write out your whole gaming journey in detail, is frustrating.

I managed to get into the Research Panel, however i really hope that people will take it seriously or that they do punish people who just give inaccurate information either way i hope the best for the program

Am I the only one who thinks this is a tad unprofessional? Despite this program springing out of nowhere in the last month:

• The thumbnail for the FAQ is somehow using 2017 non-Rthro branding. Roblox has been pushing this for almost six years at this point. How did this happen?
  • The research panel isn’t connected to roblox.com’s domain
  • I get this isn’t a huge problem, but there’s something funny about Roblox offering $5 Starbucks gift cards to its developers who answer surveys.
  • Roblox claiming this is for “all creators” is a little misleading, no?
  • The vague wording of “trained user researchers” is confusing me. Do these researchers have familiarity with Roblox? Are they outside contractors or are they provided by Fuel Cycle? How does Roblox get the data from these researchers and how do the researchers’ information factor in corporate decisions?
  • ETA: I didn’t even mention the fact that the onboarding survey is so easy to break by just refreshing the page.
1 Like

The survey application is pretty glitchy and I’m locked out from applying.

I got the email to apply (I assume early?) before it became available to sign up without an invite, but while answering the first question my survey got refreshed and once the webpage reloaded, I became stuck on a message saying “this survey can not be taken twice.”… even though I’ve never even completed the survey once.

I emailed the panel shortly after and was told there is nothing that can be done right now. So if this is the link to sign up, is it reasonable to assume I am locked from participating due to a glitch?

1 Like

That’s because IT IS unprofessional.

3 Likes

yeah lol , I emailed them 2 times , one got bot reply other one is still waiting for response.

Had it happen to me a couple of times. If you clear your cookies it should allow you to start over.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.