Change default orientation of inserted cylinders to be vertical

As a Roblox developer, it is currently hard to be efficient when creating models using cylinders.

When I spawn in a cylinder brick:

change cyllinder image 1
It will be in a resting position:

Resting Position Cylinder.PNG

However, most objects I create will need the cylinder to be in an upright position:

Upright Position Cyllinder

Whenever I turn a cylinder 90° I waste a few seconds. Added up it makes a big difference.
I use 5° or 2° increments when modeling, so I must either spawn in a cylinder and take time eyeballing it, or switch the increments to something like 15° or 45°.

• If I were to duplicate or copy an existing cylinder that would also waste some of my time.

• There is a far wider use of upright cylinders than resting cylinders.

• I believe cylinders should spawn in an upright position.

If this issue is addressed, it would improve my development experience because I would no longer have to waste time needing to rotate each individual cylinder.

9 Likes

You can press R and T while dragging the part to rotate and tilt it in 90 degree increments. Seems much faster than what you’re doing; are you sure you need this?

3 Likes

Even though this is a very minor issue, I still feel like it would save time. A very minor issue can add up. And I bet lots of builders don’t know that that shortcut exists.

• I knew that existed
  • I did not :slight_smile:

0 voters

I also did not know that shortcut existed, thanks for letting me know :grimacing:

Three years later, and this feature request might finally see the light of day!

2 Likes

sorry for late reply
but to me the most mildly infuriating thing about cylinders is not the default orientation when spawned in, nonono its when changing the height of a cylinder its not vertical, rather its on the x axis which doesn’t make sense at all

in the pictures below, the red represents the x axis, green y axis and blue z axis

1 Like