Change "Forums" in the nav to "Forum"

Calling it “Forums” is incorrect, there is only one forum, it has always been called “The DevForum”.

There are various arguments on the internet for “Forum” versus “Forums”, but here we have the history of this being singular - “The DevForum”, and we simply call the topic divisions here subcategories/categories, or sub-forums. This website is the forum, it hosts sub-forums. The Roblox Forum was the same way back in the day - singular.

The plural terminology is incorrect and therefore feels unprofessional, please update this everywhere.

It’s also worth noting that the Unity forum uses the plural and non-plural together at random. Let’s do better than them. :wink:

21 Likes

I believe they’re interchangeable but I would prefer Forum for consistency on this site

1 Like

It’s also relevant to note that at the top if every page also has the word “Forums” below the new Navigation Bar, so it would be nice to change that too for terminology consistency

Never mind. This is already mentioned in the original post.

1 Like

Yes, we’re going to change this to Forum across forum/hub on the next engineering cycle. The “Forums” came in via copy-paste from the Creator Hub nav which inadvertently had this pluralized beforehand.

7 Likes

Bless this mess

4 Likes

I updated the localization entry so you’ll start seeing this resolve over the next few days as we redeploy various components to pull in the change.

4 Likes

Everything should now be update to “Forum”.

5 Likes