New Top Navigation Bar: Easily Switch Between Creator Hub Pages

Perhaps using an icon in place of the word “Forums” would work better once you scroll down a little and it moves next to the post title?

I’m not sure this just looks quite out of place imo.

Other than that this really isn’t a big deal. My only other nitpick is that it would look less thrown in there if the roblox dark theme background was changed to match the grey found on the creator hub.

34 Likes

To be honest, I like the white forum interface better than the dark.

26 Likes

We’re aware of the syncing issues (for avatar, username, display name, email address used for notifications) and are working on addressing these. You can see this resolve in the future.

31 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, we’ll look into it!

31 Likes

Hey, quick question: Why did you choose to remove the Forum logo and replace it with “Forums?”

30 Likes

Love the tie-in with Create, way easier to switch around now. It is nice that the header hides itself when you’re scrolled down as well.

I don’t like the trend of calling it “Forums”, this is incorrect, there is only one forum, it has always been called “The DevForum”. Can this terminology be updated everywhere? There are various arguments for which is correct - plural or non, but we have the history of this being singular, and the subcategories being simply called categories, or sub-forums.

Further, this feels very barren and out of place. It feels like there should be an icon up there, or a graphical logo, or simply nothing except for the thread title - the indent for the label is very distracting because the title is not aligned with the page anymore. Right now it is just a disembodied floating label that looks sort of broken.

36 Likes

i love the layout of the new topbar, but i do feel that both the different horizontal margin sizes and the duplicated profile picture distract me.

perhaps you could reshuffle some of the icons and elements to integrate to the top bar? enjoy my awful paint rendition of some of these “issues” fixed

edit: i’ve also realised the margin changing wouldn’t be needed if only one bar was used, so less things to change :smile:

53 Likes

Just as I sayed, this would turn out to be an exceptionally sleek design.

19 Likes

Duly noted, we’ll look into how we can improve this :slight_smile:

29 Likes

On paper this sounds like a great idea, however when I’m on the devforum I’m not trying to go to the creator hub on the same tab, or even at all. It was put together very quickly and there’s so many issues with the design now (Such as there just being a redudant space at the top, forums being shown twice, and profile shown twice). Not the mention the 3x loading times

21 Likes

I can’t reproduce this, could you describe it in more detail or submit a forum bug report in #forum-help:forum-bugs ?

21 Likes

Love this change!

If you want to take it a step further, you can consider implementing these two changes:

• Consider changing the black navigation bar colour to support other themes as well.
For instance, this is how it looks on my grey amber theme. I would love seeing it grey instead of black so that it blends into my theme.

• Adding quick links to the main website and studio. You’ll notice that on the bottom of the left sidebar on the creator hub, those two quick links are present. I would love to see them on the new top navigation bar of the DevForum as well. The quick link to the main website would especially be useful to me as I often switch between the main website and DevForum. A simple button to click would greatly help.
24 Likes

This was already on the plans to be produced; now, it is finally here! :star2:

However, I believe a few things could be improved since this update was implemented today.

To start with, I suggest changing the name of the section from “Forums” to “Forum” since there has only been one forum for Roblox Creators/Developers historically. Secondly, with the recent integration with the Creator Hub page, it would be appropriate to update the website’s name accordingly. For example:

https://create.roblox.com/forum” – This fits rightly now just like any other link you are accessing on the Creator Hub, such as Creator Store, “https://create.roblox.com/store/models”.

Furthermore, the idea of @Bestspyboy should also be taken into consideration too! It is visually clean and organized because we don’t need to see the duplicated profile picture as well as the title of the website’s name being replicated.

18 Likes

We’d love to do a full update on the forum themes. No ETA on this yet, but it’s definitely on our radar.

A link out to the main website is an interesting idea! Do you often go between Hub/Forum/Roblox.com in one session?

13 Likes

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile:

Yep! I don’t go between all three every session, but I do go between them quite often (in many sessions). And I’m sure that many other developers do as well, some probably more than me. So, I would greatly appreciate it.

12 Likes

This is so stupid because on roblox.com im logged on my main account

On this devforum im on my alt account

Now here is the following that happens for me:

• on the new topbar i got avatar thumbnail of my main account
  • on devforum topbar i got avatar thumbnail of my alt account (bakonowychlopak123)

This is pretty stupid lolll 2 accounts shown on the same website (devforum.roblox.com)

14 Likes

This is consistent with the behavior before the change (you would have been logged in on different accounts on devforum vs. Creator Hub). It’s just more visible now so understandably it’s a bit more confusing in short-term.

We’re going to make changes over time to pull these two closer together. This is just the first change in a sequence.

15 Likes

Thats a good question

Is roblox trying to kill devforum and try to revive old roblox forums?? (omgggg OG roblox is back?!?!?)

8 Likes

There’s an issue where dark mode is forced on the DevForum now, despite light mode selected in settings. This only affects the DevForum, not other Creator Hub pages. Please fix! :pray:

9 Likes

If I may make a suggestion, I think it’d be good to integrate the forum stuff with the main top bar a bit more closely, like how Framework does on their website. Look on the right hand side:

23 Likes