Change permissions to be based upon age-verification

I find it hilarious to read this. If school ID cards aren’t accepted, then Roblox is in for a funny time. So I’m from India, and we have just 2 things as an under 18: passport and an aadhar.

The issue here is, passport has too much sensitive issue to giveaway. Aadhar card is like a one in all card, meaning bank account, mobile number, etc etc are in just one card. So there is too much information given.

1 Like

Well then don’t verify yourself lol.

The devforum isn’t the only place in the world.

1 Like

That’s pretty harsh to say, devforum is supposed to be inclusive, not exclusive.

9 Likes

I only have an aadhar, I don’t board flights so I don’t use passport and I don’t need passport l o l

The age verification should be limited to

Voice chat

2 Likes

Even though I know Roblox wants to keep it safe, they shouldn’t even have it on voice chat, people are just going to use other platforms anyways. Plus, how can Roblox filter voice chat if people can say their city and postcode in text chat?

I highly doubt that they are irresponsible with money, the only ID that most people will have is either a passport (costs £60 and only lasts for like 5 years) or drivers license.

An ID isn’t an “investment decision”. It’s something that anyone should have on themselves in case of an emergency. If you don’t have one, you got bigger issues at hand that must be solved.

1 Like

If I didn’t have a passport then I wouldn’t be paying £60 just to access an online forum (though people wanted to see it on all social media).

Anyways, I don’t want to start an argument, I still don’t like the idea of restricting users to practically any discussion categories if they dont hand over ID.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

I think a lot of people here are confused about the need for an ID and how it can be used on the forum.

An official government-issued ID is a necessity, a must for people that reach 18. Stop using the forum as an excuse not to go get one unless the pandemic is hindering you from getting one.

If you’re below 18, depending on your country, there are other IDs that can be used for verifying, just do some research.

If there’s absolutely no ID you’d like or have to present for verification, we’ll just see how this new system plays out. Roblox is aimed towards kids, and IDs are supposedly not a kid’s concern at a young age. There’s a lot to consider with that in mind so either this system is lenient or it’s total trash.

2 Likes

Don’t you read? What I meant is that every country has a different policy related to Government Identification, I just used the Philippines, my country as an example.

Again that’s up to you, not everyone would be like you and “I dont feel comfortable sharing my private details”…

See, I guess you need reading glasses because I believe I was stating this to the other user, that it depends on the policy of a certain country for identification, I was also backing up your statement, not going against it, please reread with the wording of…

They obviously searched up a website in chrome and not a proper government website that dosen’t provide proper legal advice.

I do not believe a poll would fix this, but proper facts that support the argument, not to mention, I do believe Developers who would willingly use this forum and are in proper age would know to trust a company or platform, they develop in, and most developers who are in proper age, does not need to worry that their identification would be stolen, because it’s just their “ID” and if you did proper research I do believe Roblox dosen’t have anything malicious when they get your ID for verification. However I still agree, not everyone would be trusting at first, and that really depends on them, then again, it’s the DevForum’s new rules, and I believe older developers, would have the choice whether or not to join, if we do not even implement this, who knows, what type of children who would lie about their age and enter this forum and destroy it with their nonsense

1 Like

I support this, and about ID verification, just like Spatial Voice Chat, I will only do this if the ones seeing the info are Roblox Corporation and ONLY them.

2 Likes

Sorry to say this but there is a chance Roblox’s third-party verification company will see the info.

Okay, but would you share your ID (which has quite a lot of info on it) to a company such as Roblox?

1 Like

This made me think… I wonder if this feature will be auto verified for those whose actual Roblox account is older than 13 years, meaning they joined Roblox before 2009 at this moment. You might be thinking about security flaws like making sure you’re the rightful owner for the account, but this is impossible to know later on if you verify yourself and then get your account stolen so it won’t matter anyway.

1 Like

This is totally irrelevant to what you quoted? I don’t see how telling people to get an ID at 18 y/o has anything to do with sharing it with Roblox.

2 Likes

I was saying, ‘okay you may have an ID at 18, but would you really like to share that info with Roblox?’

Doesn’t bother me, as long as the party’s TOS are high enough to me.

3 Likes

It is very clear here that requiring an ID to use more categories will not benefit the DevForum. It will not stop trolling or spamming or NSFW (since users of all ages do these things), and it will just be a wall blocking developers from doing things developers should be able to do.

Also, even if we keep replying to this topic, it is very unlikely Roblox will make users do this. Roblox has been trying to open up the DevForum and that’s the company’s goal, but this proposal will go against Roblox’s goal.

1 Like

So basically, checking your identification to see your age and keeping out kids, is not contributing? Especially, checking the real identity of trollers by the Roblox Corporation not helping? I believe it will help big time in keeping out non-developers from using this forum, and not only that, underage users who shouldn’t even be here in the first place. Remember they wouldn’t go this extreme if the people followed the rules in the first place, especially the Developer Forum having a bigger community with newer members, I don’t see what’s wrong in seeing the identification or verifying it for age. I also don’t believe if you throw in your ID, that shows your identity for the Roblox Team to see, and you will post NSFW, I highly doubt people would do this, people are brave to do things online because their identity isn’t known, but this, the staff knows your ID linked to the account for verification, is straight up like embarrassing yourself in real life, so this isn’t really a proper argument against it.

I don’t see why they won’t impost this if people would continually break the rules, besides, it’s their choice to make themselves verify with their ID, and this does not go against the company’s proposal. If you think this is going against Roblox proposal, because their just putting up security for age verification, then you’re clearly wrong, because I do believe they won’t open this community for people under 13+ and again, it depends on the person if they would use their IDs for verification to enter this forum, if they don’t want it, then not, it’s not the corporation’s fault they don’t want to, so, this is not really the company’s fault, but rather by people who broke the rules which resulted in more stricter measures being placed in.

2 Likes

Roblox aren’t storing their identity, just whether the age is correct.

Yes, however I don’t believe anybody would still be stupid enough to post NSFW, and remember, it’s showing your ID, they could still see your identity.