Change Up How The Gradients Work On Roblox

Hello everyone! Hope you’re all doing good! So as you all know, Roblox has released a gradient feature for GUIs, which is awesome! Though, with a little more improvements, it can be even better! So, if you have not heard of the gradient update that has came out a little while ago, here’s the post about it: UIGradient [LIVE]

So, what changes need to be made? Well, currently, we have a bar. What do I mean by a bar? Here’s a picture: Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 9.04.21 PM

This bar is what we use to have gradients on our GUIs. How do I use this ‘bar’? We use this bar by clicking on a point of the bar, select a color, and then you can do that to have multiple colors in your gradient to make your GUI look beautiful. Though this is not the ideal way.

What is the ideal way? The ideal way is using linear gradients and radial gradients. What in the world are those?

A linear gradient is like this:

This is not Roblox, this is Adobe XD and as you can see, it’s very neat and this is very ideal. It helps the user see how the gradient will be like, and you can adjust the ‘line’ to rotate and you can add on more colors like this:
See that dot in the middle of the bar? It affects the GUI as you can see. You can move that circle to different spots. What do I mean? I mean like this:
As you can see, I have moved the circle, which makes that specific color move to a different spot in the GUI. This is a linear gradient. Linear gradients are super useful and you can add lots of colors to make the GUI look beautiful, and you can move it into different angles to make the colors in different spots and still have it look beautiful. Yeah sure, Roblox allows you to rotate your GUI gradient, but it isn’t ideal.

Now there is another kind of gradient I’d like to talk about and that is a radial gradient. What is that? Here’s a picture of how a radial gradient looks like:

A radial gradient is basically a gradient that has a color in the middle and a color outside the middle. I did not make this with Roblox by the way. I did it on Gravit Designer.

If Roblox can have these two gradients available to apply onto the GUIs, it would make it a whole lot better for designers. Sometimes, when I just want a gradient like a linear one, I have to go on to a different program, such as Adobe XD or Gravit Designer to have these beautiful gradients. I don’t want to have to go to a different program just to have these kinds of gradients. So if Roblox can have these two gradients(one at a time, or both together), it would be great!

Thank you and have a great day! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

have you checked out this plugin:

No, but I would say it is a better way, but still, not the most ideal way.