Changes made in Configure Place don't appear on game page until we save it again

So, I noticed that I had to save twice before I could actually save the changes I made in the Configure Place. When I save any change it saves but doesn’t appear on the game page. To fix it, I go back and save it again (changes are already there but I have to save it again). After this, it shows the changes on the game page. I don’t know if this happens anywhere else.

1 Like

Happens to me too. Also, FYI, I think this should be in website bugs / studio bugs category. However, if you do not have the ability or permission to set it to that category, it is completely understandable. I have the issue myself as well.

1 Like

I posted in #development-discussion so more people could see this and confirm if they face this too.

It never happens to me on Configure Place, but it does on Configure Game.

1 Like

This is not unusual. To explain this, this is due to a slow traffic to update that. It does not happen instantaneous, assuming that it has to go through some checks and then slowly updating the page as accordingly to the ‘new instructions’ sent to the website.

I haven’t experienced this earlier. It has been there for a month.

It happens instantly when we save it a second time.

The changes don’t take place after saving just once. They are there on the Configure Place page but not in the game description. However, the description updates instantly on 2nd time.

The second time save being instantaneous is an illusion. It happened to be from the previous request, the first time you saved. I meant that the update does not update instantaneously, as servers should avoid being bottlenecked, when I phrased “It does not happen instantaneous”.

I’m sorry I don’t understand what you’re trying to say here. It doesn’t happen for quite a time(far more than the illusion took) when it’s not saved twice.

If it happened to be from the previous request, why could it not happen on the first request itself?

You say that the servers should avoid being bottlenecked but it does save it on the Configure Place page so why not in the description? It didn’t happen earlier and it shouldn’t happen as it gives an impression of Roblox being buggy and slow.

Because there is still something called a client-server model even on a website, although less real-time responses. Some websites take longer to change its contents due to its higher count of usage. Most likely due to bots or something else. The first request was intentionally delayed as it is set in queue before it was executed.

What I implied about bottlenecking, is the server’s limit from being overloaded, it has a limit to prevent from other features being slowed down as well.

Hmm, I just wanted it to be addressed, it’s not that big a deal to save it twice :slight_smile:

It is not a bug, it is a limitation itself. No one wants the server to overload from a bot user from spamming updates on one too quickly, or even multiple ones at once.

Perhaps the other issue is being “dropped packets” or something. The server is not processing properly? Maybe, perhaps it has an extremely long delay. Try saving once and observe the time it takes.

Yeah but it didn’t update even after half hour until I resaved it.

Has anyone here tried refreshing the page? Configure works fine for me. Maybe this is dependent on your browser? What browser do you use?

I have Google Chrome and reloading doesn’t fix it until I save it again.

Just encountered it on Configure Game too. The pages don’t update but the URLs do. The name you see in the URL gets updated.