Changes made on game Configure page don't save until second time

Description of Bug

Whenever I edit my game’s description or title using “Configure this Place,” the changes don’t save until I save it a second time. This has been happening for several months now. It does not happen on other places, only the one linked. This bug does not occur when I add a new Thumbnail or Icon.

It’s not an urgent bug. It just takes an extra 5 seconds, but it’s getting old and annoying after many months of this.

Game link: https://www.roblox.com/games/2534724415/Emergency-Response-Liberty-County

Video of Bug

Attached below is a video of the bug. You see I edit the title and description of the game, but I have to Configure the place twice for those edit to go live. They save on the Configure page, however.

Other info

Here’s another post from December about the same bug, with several people having the issue. It wasn’t posted in Bug Reports, so I’m making this post.

19 Likes

Can repro. This is a really annoying issue. Wastes unnecessary time and UX, especially when you mistakenly believe that something has saved when it really hasn’t.

The bug has been reported in a bug report last December. By me.

3 Likes

Oh, I didn’t see that post when I searched. Well maybe a new report will get it worked on finally. I’ll forward this to a staff member soon!

3 Likes

The group description on a certain game isn’t even updating, even after more than two saves. I tried it on other games and it worked, so I’m not sure why it’s it isn’t updating on this one particular game.

Does the issue also repro when saving just once, then waiting for a short while before checking?

2 Likes

Still doesn’t push.

I made a change to the description, clicked save, waited 18 minutes, went to the game’s page, and it was still the old description.

However, if I go to the Configure page, the updated description is there. I clicked save again, and it pushed that time.

1 Like

Thank you for checking back. The issue will be investigated further.

4 Likes

Your game is probably having a GET call error(site problem)

GET can be used to get the function that allows the configuration to be made.
Make sure you don’t have any adblockers on. Disable all of your plugins in your browser and try again.

If that doesn’t work use a different browser like Opera GX, FireFox, Chrome, IE, Brave

When I’m scripting a lot of my core scripts to send from a site to roblox like a configuration it would error until I switched browsers without any plugins enable.

Hope this helps!

Flinnyd - Software developer/Scripter

Hi there, I am experiencing the game description not being able to be saved at all on the website.

The changes are there on the configure page, however the updated description is not showing on the website. I would be thankful if this issue can be resolved, or if anyone else is experiencing the total failure of being able to update their description at all.

1 Like

I am experiencing the same issue as well. It is super annoying because I am not able to keep my game description up to date. No matter what browser or when I try to save my edits, the description/title will not update on the game page.

1 Like

i have this same bug
i tried updating the game description on my game here Baconville, North Carolina - Roblox but for some reason it seems liek it doesnt want to update

1 Like

Hi, we’re currently looking into this. I was able to reproduce this specific issue (having to update twice), but it does not happen consistently for me. Maybe 1 out of 5 times. Does this happen every time for you?

2 Likes

For those who cannot update their game title/description at all, please try changing the source language of your game to English then trying again. This can be done from the “Configure Localization” page of your game. Let me know if that fixes it.

2 Likes

Hey bro love your game but got banned from your discord lol(didn’t have enough strikes, though I got banned for only being there for strikes, which isn’t true, I had great discussion there.)
Please add a highway for highway patrol.

Back on topic:

Same happens here to me only sometimes though. This is usually when configuring the game and not the place, when I try to make games public or not public it doesn’t save until the second time.

Edit: yes it would happen 1 out of 5 times about for me. This happens for me on a clean google chrome

1 Like

Yes this happens 100% of the time on the affected game. It’s been reliably happening 100% of the time for the past few months.

This only happens when updating the game title or description. When I change the icon or thumbnail, the change is live instantly.

2 Likes

Changing the source language from unspecified to English worked for me after not being able to update my game description at all. After doing so my game description updated instantly to what I had set it to on the configure page a few weeks ago when I was trying to change it initially. This appears to be a temporary workaround at least.

1 Like

Can you check if the issue is still happening for you? We released a potential fix.

5 Likes

It appears to be fixed after a couple tests! I’ll keep an eye out for this over the next few days/weeks and let you know if happens again. Huge thanks! :smiley:

3 Likes

i have that same problem even when i update my game description the second time

eventually im finally able to edit the description on my game after almost a month thanks to changing the localization from unknown to english