Changes to Developer Forum trust level names

This is awesome! I been a member for a few months now and I am still active and and posting and etc. I haven’t been ranking up but who cares I am always helping others.

10 Likes

Still waiting for the Old Member rank or something of the sort to show that people joined when you had to submit an application rather than joining when it was open to all.

9 Likes

I don’t feel changes any of the issues with the roles here, ‘members’ will still be discriminated and judged for their role no matter what they are called, and access to the forums will still be too easy to obtain.

I just honestly do not see this as a very worthwhile change ignoring some negligible factors.

8 Likes

I don’t think the name change intended to fix either of those issues. I think it does what it was supposed to, which is to clarify the meaning of the trust levels, and allow people to go down in trust level as well as up if they are no longer trusted with the restricted categories.

15 Likes

Could just be I’m just that cool but NO ONE discriminates me for being a “new member” or “member” on the dev forum and I think that problem is actually non-existent.

If someone is actually judging someone for their participation on the devforum that is clearly a dumb problem and should just be ignored because its a useless insult.

7 Likes

I specifically am not targeted for my role, however there is a general stigma here that ‘members’ / ex-‘new members’ are supposedly worse at development / only capable of making lower quality posts.

8 Likes

Why would you reuse the “member” role? Now a bunch of people are going to get all hyped up and then instantly lose all that joy and feel like they just got trolled. This will also not fix the discrimination issue of New Members (now Members)

7 Likes

This is covered in the FAQ of the original post. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I have never heard of this “discrimination issue” or of this “general stigma” in my entire time of using the forum. It is fake!!!

The rank name change was certainly a troll though. This update overall is a change for the better and it will clear up future confusion.

6 Likes

I don’t think the post insinuates this solves anything except the weird naming scheme for trust levels. There will always be more forum changes in the future to solve other tangentially related issues (like quality in certain categories or stigmas against certain users). One thing at a time!

9 Likes

What is point of this? Many people can abuse member since it has more perms than new member.

6 Likes

Valid, however it is greatly disappointing that this change even took effect, it server very minor purpose other then to make the demotion of members to new members more explainable. hence why I feel it is a pointless change for anything other then general aesthetic.

5 Likes

No. The rank was just name changed. No new permissions were added.

8 Likes

1-3 were added… Also what is point of renaming it?

7 Likes

I personally think this is a good update as people could often be confused on the “member” role, and Regular is a better role to describe it, however I did get confused when I saw myself as a member, I thought to myself yay! I’m finally a member. But of course not. I think a notification/pop-up when you entered, would’ve been a good idea.

Another good update to the forums! :+1:

7 Likes

I think you forgot to read the post, silly!

7 Likes

This is covered in the FAQ of the original post. :slight_smile:

In short: no new permissions, trust level names changed to better reflect the purposes they serve.

11 Likes

Partially, did you consider how this would likely anger many new members because they will likely get upset if they see their rank before this announcement.

3 Likes

I think a notification/pop-up when you entered, would’ve been a good idea.

2 Likes

Personally, I don’t think anyone should be upset about their trust level (rank) being clarified.

16 Likes