Changes to Player List Icons

We want to get there, but likely to prioritize additional functionality for in-game chat.

18 Likes

What i think roblox could add to the player list is a custom color to people that have the permission to edit the game they’re in.

9 Likes

Perhaps instead of having the text be yellow for the players username we could instead add a new icon that would indicate that it is you. I think this would make it blend in nicer

8 Likes

Or even just bold it the player text. :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

would like to change the color of my name… yellow looks bad imo, and to at least have some color somewhere… roblox went from colorful names, blue, red, whites on the website, now everything is black and grays… its… boring… like… im playing roblox here… not… office worker…

8 Likes

I think that this update is fine but it has flaws in it. Heres a few things I would change though:

• I definitely like the bold text idea rather than the highlighted username, it would be less harsh on the eyes and make it all-round look cleaner. Or instead, you could have it default bold and add a setting to make it gold.
  • As @TetraDev said, there should be ordering settings for teams. This will make it easier for us to make teams, rather than having to make them in the order they will appear.
  • A way to access this player list through a service, similar to the Chat service would be very appreciated. It would make customizing easy, rather than having to make a player list from scratch.
  • Easier way to make leaderstats rather than player.leaderstats, it’ll make things a lot easier.
  • I’d fix the issue with the teams being ordered from highest stats, it can be quite annoying.

This is what I personally would want to fix, but others may disagree.

13 Likes

I like the idea of making your username bold, but it would also be cool if the color matched the color of your name in chat instead of being plain yellow. For example:

15 Likes

While the idea sounds neat, some colours that players have are a lot lighter than Red or Yellow, such as Pink or that light Tan colour. If my name matched my chat colour, it’d make it difficult to see in some games.

6 Likes

That’s where bold text would come in.

6 Likes

Yeah, its ashame that I don’t think theres anyway to remove the team postion changing, its honestly super annoying when you spend 10 minutes getting the teams postioned how you want them and then roblox makes it not even work.

6 Likes

we are fixing the issue with the teams changing based on score

12 Likes

Is update reverted? In games I’ve noticed these changes aren’t in effect anymore.

10 Likes

I’ve noticed this too, idk maybe it’s a bug, hmm…

10 Likes

That total re-skin of the player list that we alluded to is now live!

Be sure to thank the wonderful team responsible :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Awesome! I’m loving the way it looks! We’ve had the old player list since about January/February 2015, it’s been overdue for a change for quite a while now. Although, it’d be nice if it was smaller and fit into the corner.

6 Likes

I don’t know where to post this or if you even need it but something may have broke

edit:
theres this too

13 Likes

Was there any particular reasoning to make the offset from the top right of the screen so large?

The offset makes it really distracting. Combined with the dark background and large sizing, it obscures a really large portion of my vision on the right side of the screen when there should be more used for gameplay.

28 Likes

This is exactly where to post this! Thanks for the report, we will look into this.

12 Likes

Honestly I prefer the old leader board over this one, this one is just way too large and shows less content then before.
Ex: Anything larger than 4 characters gets cut off.

21 Likes

I really do love this new leaderboard but for one thing, the creator icon. It honestly looks more like a developer icon to me rather than a creator icon (I would love a developer icon to be added too be honest but this isn’t what the post is for). I also don’t like how big the leaderboard gets, it just takes up too much of the screen.

6 Likes