Changes to Player List Icons

I agree with a lot of the replies here. The UI does look great however its just too big and takes up so much space on the screen.

Can we revert this back please?!

We are back in this kind of situation again where Roblox doesn’t ask for feedback first and then ruins everything for everyone, why are we always constantly surprised with new changes, please communicate with us before making such change.

It doesn’t have to be reverted back, just fix it and make it look better please.

Thanks.

Error Message when spam clicking the Player Name Holder

18:22:27.959 - CorePackages.Packages._Index.roblox_rodux.rodux.NoYield:26: CoreGui.RobloxGui.Modules.PlayerList.Components.Presentation.PlayerDropDown:459: attempt to index nil with ‘selectedPlayer’

18:22:27.959 - CoreGui.RobloxGui.Modules.PlayerList.Components.Presentation.PlayerDropDown:460 function mapStateToProps

18:22:27.960 - CorePackages.Packages._Index.roblox_roact-rodux.roact-rodux.connect:163

18:22:27.960 - CorePackages.Packages._Index.roblox_roact.roact.Component:123 function setState

18:22:27.960 - CorePackages.Packages._Index.roblox_roact-rodux.roact-rodux.connect:162

18:22:27.960 - CorePackages.Packages._Index.roblox_rodux.rodux.Signal:70 function fire

18:22:27.961 - CorePackages.Packages._Index.roblox_rodux.rodux.Store:125

18:22:27.961 -

18:22:27.961 - Stack Begin

18:22:27.961 - Script ‘CorePackages.Packages._Index.roblox_rodux.rodux.NoYield’, Line 13 - function resultHandler

18:22:27.962 - Script ‘CorePackages.Packages._Index.roblox_rodux.rodux.NoYield’, Line 26 - function NoYield

18:22:27.962 - Script ‘CorePackages.Packages._Index.roblox_rodux.rodux.Store’, Line 124 - function flush

18:22:27.962 - Script ‘CorePackages.Packages._Index.roblox_rodux.rodux.Store’, Line 46

18:22:27.962 - Stack End

6 Likes

It would be great if you can make the leaderboard minimal, or at least let us customize the leaderboard.

Although I have a custom leaderboard, I don’t want to use it just to make it smaller.

1 Like

Sorry to say this, but I am not a fan of the new player list’s offset from the player’s name on the bar and the size of the player list being too big. It makes it distracting to some players. Maybe it really works for computers with touchscreens, but it feels bad for computers without touchscreen. Even worse, it will be bigger when you are using a small monitor. I tested the new player list with smaller resolutions using device emulation from ROBLOX studio, and got these results.

Not trying to say that the new player list is bad, but that is my criticism on the new player list. Maybe you can fix the offset issue and make it smaller. Thank you.

6 Likes

I’d love to say roblox has done another great update, but I sadly cannot.

I’m posting this here because an official post hasn’t been made for this change yet, despite it being active already.

I don’t like the leaderboard. I don’t like it at all.

We’ve had many different leaderboard across the years, but this new one is by far the worst out of them all.
I have a 1920x1080 resolution, and even on my screen it looks big, clunky and out of place.

It’s far bigger than the last leaderboard, and it doesn’t look appealing at all.

I honestly preferred the old leaderboard and I don’t see why it had to be replaced.

The new one is way less transparent, which made it more intrusive, and is way larger than the last one was, even the icons seem a bit bigger. The alignment isn’t as perfect as it was in the last one.

I’m sorry if this is the wrong post to be saying this, but it’s the only one where this was ever mentioned.

Why replace the old leaderboard?

7 Likes

As a young developer with little experience, lb1

I feel like I should put in some input.

Over an event I had with about 30 people, the leaderboard was almost universally liked in terms of the style and design of it, but universally panned for its poor alignment with the menus and the corner of the screen, as well as its size. In a game like mine it’s almost vital to have a leaderboard, but this leaderboard being as large and distracting as it is takes away from the experience of the game. The best solution for this would be to adjust the alignment to closer hug the corner of the screen, and to reduce the size to accommodate for people with smaller monitors. Either having it scale to resolution or being just smaller in general would be nice.

(View from roblox studio testing, at my laptop’s resolution)

Also, minor tidbit, the creator icon should probably stand out more. The white hammer is barely noticable. Maybe an orange hammer?

6 Likes

Personally, I would…

• Match it’s transparency with other Core UI
  • Reduce the corner offset
  • Remove the top and bottom black borders
  • Display the scrollbar above the mainframe

Before

After

Overall the new design is looking great, and alongside these changes is a playerlist I can fully support.

15 Likes

Honestly the new design isn’t bad, but there are a few problems that really make me (and probably a lot of other people dislike it)
The padding and size of the leaderboard is too much maybe move it closer to the top bar and shrink it down just a bit.
The place holder for the player name in the expanded view is visible:
unknown

and it also errors sometimes when closing the leaderboard

2 Likes

Instead of this new user UI being permanent and forced, you guys should add a SetCore:(“LegacyUI”, true") sort of function.}

Edit:

This new UI is quite bad, if you could revert this change it would be nice. It takes up WAY TO MUCH space and looks completely off.

11 Likes

New player list update is awful, its looks WAY out of place and stupidly large on my screen… I could see the the player names on the old leader board perfectly fine.

The thing that annoys me the most about this update is that its being forced on us and theres no modules or scripts that developers can take from the original leader board. I really want the old leaderboard back on my games :frowning:

10 Likes

I like the new Icons But dislike the leaderboard. It is out of place and way way to big. I liked it when it touched both top and side corners of the screen. Shown in the picture it is out of place and way to big.

3 Likes

The Player List UI is okay for the most part, aside from the questionable offset and the UI background color not fitting the rest of the Core UI. My major nitpick, as with everybody else, is the fact that the player list is TOO BIG, especially for my resolution. Here’s an example (the first one was taken in studio, which my setup, though leaves the viewport smaller than anticipated, fits my style. the second one is full screen on an empty baseplate, using the roblox client):

I’m not a fan of this new UI scale at all. Perhaps the height and width of every UI element in this could be reduced to 50-75% of the original?

6 Likes

I think it’s okay, nice to have a change every .358 of a while.

1 Like

I hate it, because:

1. It’s big, which I can’t see many names as before and it’s worse in smaller resolutions
  2. Why it’s not fully cornered at top right?
2 Likes

I like the design, but there’s many things wrong with it, as mentioned. What I really don’t like is the size on smaller resolutions and the padding. It could’ve been slightly moved to the left or completely

1 Like

Is there a way a main script that does this. Because I like this look so much, and I would like to keep it like this, even if they update the look. Please send me a script if there is one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There is one thing I really hate about this. It’s WAY TOO BIG! And there are big spaces everywhere. I really liked the old one. Please revert it. Or possible have the old code in this topic.

4 Likes

The only problem that I have with it is that the UI is too big, it should be scaled down.

That’s my only criticism, but everything else is clean.

1 Like

Initial Thoughts and Opinions!

So as Roblox continues to grow, these nice ascetic changes are very nice, so far I love the new leaderstats UI and it feels great, icons are looking on point. However, as soon as I saw it, problems immediately showed up

Issues

1. First things first, it is what everyone has been saying IT IS TOO BIG, additionally this does not scale with the size of your screen. Here is examples:
Images

Size of it normally

Size when you shrink your game

Size in studio (for me)

As you can see, the chat box gets smaller and scales to the screen size, the leaderboard does not, this is a huge problem for people with smaller screens. Not to mention what it will look like when you have tons of players on the board!

1. The amount of text you can fit has been reduced dramatically. (Especially when you have more than one word)
Images

Before

After

Note one word seems to work decently well

Numbers getting tagged in the string box

Before this update you could fit the entirety of “Not a Member” in a leaderstat box, now you can only fit “Not A…” this is a painful thing that surly could be fixed to allow additional space.

1. Automatic number rounding, it is a nice little feature that I surely love, but there should also be a way to disable it.

So the problem with this is that if you have a shop system and you need for instance exactly 9800$, but you have only 9790$, the leaderstats will round it up to 9800$, this could enrage players and while this is nice, there should be a way to disable this

Closing thoughts
Not a terrible update, just needs some tweeking, for instance a way to edit how much text can fit in a box, setting the size, and being able to maybe even edit the size of the board (Which I am sure @Rototally and the roblox staff will get done)

Finally, here are some images between the old Leaderboard and the new one

5 Likes

I personally am not completely sold on the new UI yet, I think its just to much it clutters the screen.
What do you think about it?

The new UI:

1 Like