Character flings randomly when jumping

Not sure what category this lies in, but in studio, my games run perfectly fine, however in an actual server, theres a strange glitch where when the player jumps, they fling off in a random direction.

Very similar to what old buggy vehicles used to do.
Here is a clip of this glitch occurring:

1 Like

Did you check the Developer Console in game to see if there perhaps any Errors or Warnings? Also by the way, the post should probably be put in Scripting Support but that’s just my opinion.

3 Likes

This isn’t a building issue, but I do believe it has something to do with one of the scripts used. It could be a collision issue or even a camera issue.

Is there anything welded to the character? I used to see that kind of bug when I welded stuff wrong to the player

2 Likes

Is your player a standard Roblox Humanoid, or a custom character rig?
If so is the HipHeight set properly?
Are the legs CanCollide true?

As @wickedorange23 said, welding Parts that aren’t Massless true to a player affects their physics.

Do you have a custom player movement system? If so share the script with us so we can see if there’s something wrong in the code.

2 Likes

No issue in my scripting. I had a part inserted into a local script on starter player. That is why it wasn’t working.

There was a part inside of a local script inside starterPlayerScripts
That fixed every issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.