Character Generator - Generate random characters

Could you send me reproduction file for the bug?

There arenā€™t any errors or any bugs, oddly it seems to be happening with other plugins. I wonder if this is a Roblox studio bug that I should file about.

Edit: Itā€™s a bug, Iā€™ll be creating a post in #platform-feedback:studio-bugs

1 Like

I donā€™t filter by gender :angst:.

You should add an option to pick a theme of the character. There could be Sci-Fi, Army, Mythical Creature, etc. There could also be an gender option for male/female/other.

Iā€™ve used the plugin a bit today and I love it. But I have two main issues: itā€™s pretty common that characters do not spawn with a face, and they usually spawn in a gray (usually Medium stone grey). Thereā€™s also the issue that was already discussed about the heads being put in odd positions, but that seems to be a general Roblox Studio issue, nothing specifically about your plugin.

1 Like

I am planning to rework the plugin once I have time for it, however, I am still thinking on how to solve some of the issues mentioned here. I could potentially use actual machine learning to improve the results however that would come with cost of having server running and communicating with the plugin.

How do I use body colors? Iā€™m not sure how that line works. I only changed the RGB and the plugin broke.

Could you show me a video that shows how you break the plugin? And could say what do you mean by break?

Hello everyone,

I apologize for making you guys wait for so long. I am planning to rework this plugin and also include powerful module that will allow you to generate random NPCā€™s from massive catalog list. Also note that I will remove the asset downloading feature as itā€™s a bad UX, I will instead download assets when they are requested by the random character generator as it used to be before the 1.4 update.

Unfortunately I cannot allow you to filter by gender because Roblox does not have such tag and going through 100,000 assets one by one would take me ages, but I might allow to filter by genre. I will also allow to generate multiple characters at once.

If there is anything else you guys want to see in the upcoming update please let me know.

1 Like

Honestly this plug-in is the best! BUTā€¦ there is one issue.

Whenever I tried to export the character it seems that every-time I export the items that come with the character do not even attachedā€¦ Like the export groups everything together, but it does not automatically put the gear, hair items, etc together. Can you please tell me why.Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 1.45.17 AM
Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 1.45.32 AM

1 Like

It could be possibly an issue with Roblox, for now I would ignore this since I am reworking the plugin, and the new plugin will use humanoid description.

Any update on this? The pluginā€™s great, but I just spent 25 minutes waiting for all the assets to download, just to generate 1 character. This is such a bad experience using the plugin, and there arenā€™t any better alternatives. Even a button to skip the loading and just use the assets already downloaded would be great. I donā€™t think 4000 assets is necessary.

I would also love if you could choose which accessory types get applied. Currently there are always a bunch of massive waist and head accessories like picture frames and ā€œride-onsā€. These are completely pointless and no one would ever need them.

I am aware, I will see if I have time to work on it.

1 Like

v1.5.0 - Revamp

External

• Installation process has been entirely removed all together as itā€™s unnecessary and brings horrible UX (as mentioned by @Fondatix).
  • Entire catalog id list has been wiped and replaced with new one which should contain over 5,000 assets.
  • Removed like/dislike system as it doesnā€™t help at all and brings additional click that user has to make to generate next character.
  • Improved the UI design to match Roblox Studio.
  • Added ā€œImport Rigā€ feature for importing custom rigs.
  • Added ā€œ#ā€ textbox for defining how many instances of certain item type should be generated. However, for BodyColors it acts like index to define which color to use. If set to 0, it will generate random skin color.
  • Fixed bug where characters did not spawn with a face (as mentioned by @SirDecent).

Internal

• Rewrote the entire plugin from scratch.
  • Replaced custom character manipulation with HumanoidDescription.

This would be extremely time consuming process to go through thousands of asset to identify the gender that it was designed for. Unless I wrote a database where people would be willing to contribute to adding and labeling assets, otherwise there is no chance of this happening.

I might add this but many assets do not utilize the genre option so this would be a similar answer as to the question above.

I would highly advice you to manually change the skin color by exporting the character and then modifying it.

Yup, just did it.

If you have any questions regarding the update, please let me know.

3 Likes

Very cool! This would be useful for making NPCs! Nice work!

Also I find it very funny how one of the characters looks almost exactly like one of my avatarsā€¦:thinking:

The one with the black hair and blue shirt

1 Like

thanks, this will be so useful when adding characters into concert/crowd showcases, usually iā€™d have to gather a list of names and then add them in :smiley:

my only request is that u add different body/rig options (i.e. Robloxian 2.0, Boy, Man etc.)

That can be done via ā€œImport Rigā€ button which can be revealed by clicking on ā€œā€¦ā€ button. Make sure to select the desired rig first and then click it.

This defiantly looks useful for making all sorts of background characters in my work, Iā€™ll be sure to utilize it more soon.

Nice work! :+1:

Is this plugin out of use and doesnā€™t work anymore? Because when I tried to use this script, it only generates two different characters, this is the console output:

1 Like