Chat creates a lot of lag on mobile

ahem it means november 2nd 2018.

1 Like

Its good to see them fixing this bug, as many games, like roleplay games, need a responsive chat system.

1 Like

This bug should be fixed by 3 days if they stick to the time range they told me, Iā€™ll be quite disappointed if it takes longer than that.

2 Likes

I turned on the fix today, let me know if thereā€™s still any issues.

1 Like

That wasnā€™t a promise, it was an estimate. The process for releasing changes is necessarily strict because our changes affect everyone who plays Roblox.

2 Likes

I had to revert the change because it caused other issues (see here: Team Change Messages and Other Messages Stay In Place in Chatbox). Iā€™ll be working on an updated change.

3 Likes

Alright, sorry for sounding rude in my previous post.

1 Like

Any news on this? Sorry for repeatedly asking about every month BTW

1 Like

It happens to me too! Sometimes I am in the middle of a game and the chat creates lots of lag. My game then becomes impossible to play due to the chat lag.

1 Like

Itā€™s now May, and itā€™s still occurring in my experience so far.

2 Likes

I can confirm Iā€™ve been experiencing this lately and doesnā€™t seem to get fixed. I tried messing with my settings but couldnā€™t remediate it.
Hopefully Roblox will release a fix for this bug soon so players can resume their mobile experience. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Again, sorry for the repeated asking, but any updates on this? The issue should be quite high on the priority list of the team which manages this area, as this bug ruins many playersā€™ experiences. Everyone I know who only has a mobile device to play Roblox on avoids to play it due to all the frame drops while playing. I also stopped playing Roblox on the go a while back due to the rough mobile experience.

Thereā€™s a fix going through the process of shipping right now.

4 Likes

Thanks for the swift reply! Good to hear thereā€™s a potential fix coming soon.

I played on my phone today and the glitch seems fixed for me. Everything was smooth and when someone said anything it didnā€™t freeze.

5 Likes