Chat with Voice Developer Beta

Nevermind, as it turns out this warning will always print of the lobby place for your experience has more than 30 max players.

This output should be changed to say “Current experience is not eligible for spatial voice”, because this output makes it seems like this is place-specific.

Side-note… can this be exploited by having a +30 player non-lobby place while the lobby place qualifies?

1 Like

This addition is great and all but sharing your personal ID/passport?
I don’t think a lot of people would agree to share this sort of information especially their face with Roblox.
Since if a hack happens anyone could retrieve that information and then you lose your privacy, even though Roblox probably won’t steal it, most people are under 18 but over 13 and don’t have the passport or ID on hand and probably won’t want to share it for more reasons past this.
Maybe a new system to verify this would be better.
Just sharing my opinion.

5 Likes

This may expand on the future but for now is like that.

In BedWars and islands the respective dev can reduce the player amount in the lobby/main hub but in match/island the player rate is not even close to 30 in matches and in islands barely any island gets to 30 players so hopes this helps u.

1 Like

mm, i agree, i don’t think i would be keen to share my passport with Roblox.

2 Likes

Can 13/+ still verify their age without getting terminated? Also I dont know about other countries but here in Colombia we have 2 ID’s, 1 for adults and another for kids, will the AI detect this 2 types of ID’s?

Is the age verification system managed by a person or a robot.

And if it is an AI does it detect when you have different clothes, haircut or something different than the photo in the ID?

Theres so much question’s I want to solve but I barely have answers so if anyone could help me solving this it’ll be great.

Im a minor and I have a passport since I’ve traveled many countries, can I use an image passport to verify even if im a minor?

Thanks! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Is this devhub article it? I would love to apply the special voice for custom systems such as radios for tactical FPS, etc. right now the API is pretty limited…

3 Likes

Does Roblox store these photos and images of our selves on their data base? Cause if that is so I do not trust Roblox with my personal information, in all respects I don’t trust Roblox security and the last thing I want is a breach of my identity.

2 Likes

I wonder when I will get the settings button, hopefully soon.
I did enable this, hopefully this rolls out fully soon!

3 Likes

What about the people who don’t have ID yet, will things like school id become a viable source of verification?

Also, isn’t it illegal to ask minors for an ID?

3 Likes

13+ Can verify with a passport.

3 Likes

According to the blog post they dont recopile this information and ‘steal it’ since that will get him in legal trouble but if the servers that store that info has a breach and a hacker access to that information that person could easily steal it.

Now is to you the decision if you want to verify or not.

1 Like

This is rolling out slowly to users in desktop and mobile at the same time, we just have to wait till we get it

2 Likes

Curious what the implications are for network traffic with this feature enabled. Could voice chat have enough of an impact on server and client to harm replication speed?

2 Likes

Thank you but do you know WHAT information of the passport it ask? I would like to verify myself (When I have the option) but it is kinda scary and theres a lot of questions.

I think you just need to take a photo of it, then your face and AI matches it

i think if it doesn’t match it goes for manual review

1 Like

Adding on to this, is there a method on verifying without having to give up some part of your identity?

1 Like

Yeah thats a fact, does an updated passport works?

As I said in another post here in Colombia theres 2 types of ID’s, 1 for minors and another that you get when you are 18, so does that mean that I can use my minor ID to verify or if I have a different haircut or some changes in my appareance that dont match the ID photo (Like the changes you get over years when you grow up) that can get me termination?

We just have to wait for Roblox to answer this type of questions since right now we dont have much information about how this works for minors.

1 Like

lol where did you get this idea from, most countries in the world have a id for kids anyway

1 Like

But what will happen if theres information outdated?

Will they ask for another type of identification method or cancel the verification or just straight up get terminated for something you didnt do.

1 Like

So there is a Voice Chat feature being implemented and I would like to one day try it out.
It would be very useful for games and I am excited for its officially out of Beta release!

But to use it you have to get an age verification. I know this is so people under 13 cannot use it which is safer for them and saves Roblox a whole lot of legal trouble but, I don’t think many people want to share their personal IDS/Passports with Roblox.

Roblox is a big company and all have to put it somewhere, if a hacker etc were to go on there they could leak thousands of peoples information.

Since most are minors they wouldn’t have these things on hand, most don’t have an ID, maybe a school ID at most.

Since parents usually keep these things I don’t think they would let their teen use this so they could talk with others in an still being tested feature.
So if you are still a minor it would be harder to use this feature and most wouldn’t want to share their face or anything personal with Roblox.

If Roblox made another way to verify more people would use this feature most likely and feel better about using it.

I’m just stating my opinion on this, yours may be different, no opinion is right or wrong.
Please feel free to discuss this in the comments.

9 Likes