Chat with Voice Developer Beta

Wait really? I thought it was the opposite, or maybe the article that I read used “minors” as kids 12 and under, as I remember seeing that as illegal

1 Like

you are assuming they record the data in the first place, you could say the same for your bank account being hacked. no information is safe nowadays, buts its a probability game

2 Likes

Is the 30 player server limit for voice chat permanent? Or will it be expanded later?

2 Likes

Its most likely gonna be expanded to a limit where servers cant hold that many persons, for now they are testing with 30 max but it will increase overtime for sure.

1 Like

Still, since most users on Roblox are still minors, parents wouldn’t be so happy to share this information with a game company.

1 Like

I cannot stress it enough how much ROBLOX needs to allow school IDs as a form of identity verification.

6 Likes

Does this mean anybody in the devforum can use Voice chat? what about, Do you need to be in the developer beta program?

Edit: I can’t wait for Virtual Reality games with this feature.

2 Likes

But can’t you verify phone number? (which is unsecure cause people under 13 use phones)

Edit: And yes, They can make alts, or use 13+ Accounts.

1 Like

Maybe, maybe not, it will probably stay the same.

1 Like

The problem is most of them dont contain a DoB (like mine for example)

1 Like

Even if they used alts, they need to verify that they are 13+ to use VC and faking ID or impersonation can get that child account deleted.

3 Likes

They use phone numbers and theres not really an way to prove thats fake if thats there own phone

1 Like

I don’t think so. It looks like it detects this on a place by place basis - not experience. This limitation is likely technological, not arbitrary.

Going above the limit probably breaks stuff. Even if you could bypass the limit, you likely wouldn’t want to. I imagine they’ll increase it over time as they improve the tech.

3 Likes

For what I know for VC you need a verified phone number (Maybe they removed this requirement), being 13+ years old, verify ur age with an ID, driving license or passport tho.

2 Likes

If there recording the voice and they sound under, 13 they could be banned, but what if they had an voice disorder (cause somebody said they “Had” an voice “disorder”), But

then 13+ people can still not have an deep voice, I also don’t know why you have to give Ids or phone numbers to lego games, Also doesnt coppa would think, that giving Ids or driving lisence passport etc, Is not childSafe even for 13+?

3 Likes

how am i already a frequent poster on this topic

Look at the blog post, ot the topic, I’m not answering your questions about ID’s and passports lol

4 Likes

Im pretty sure they need parents permission if they are 13-17 year olds to get access to VC.

I also believe that the age verification is to keep kids safe cause they can’t compile data from -12 year olds and so they dont hear bad words.

5 Likes

So i was invited for the spatial voice test, but i cant use anymore.
Whats happen ?

4 Likes

is it possible for us to make some type of “voice logs” kinda like how chatlogs work or is that a privacy issue…

2 Likes

Probably bandwitdh, sending your voice over the net and also recieving voice is extremely intensive on bandwitdh. The arbitrary limit of 50kB/s would most likely mean 30+ players would be nearly unplayable.

2 Likes