Chat with Voice Developer Beta

That’s even worse, considering the mobile joystick is there. Remember that 52% of players are mobile and 10% tablet, so 62% would experience disruption. Bottom right is better though, and the fact that it’s coloured yellow…

6 Likes

Question: Are we allowed to modify the look of the button? Saw the hierarchy and sure we can’t remove it for legal reasons, but can we at least edit the look of it so it doesn’t look like an eyesore?

6 Likes

I believe alpha is where ux surveys would come in handy and that’s what roblox is doing. Let’s give this feature some time to evolve overtime. I’m definitely supporting this move from roblox.

1 Like

It’s been almost 10 months since the VoiceChatService API was rolled back to private, is there any update on this? There haven’t really been any new updates on voice chat for a while, and voice chat is still limited to simple proximity chat (without any workarounds).

5 Likes

When will we have VoiceChatService??
I’d love to get the API updated, with features like :RemoveMicrophoneBubble()

7 Likes

For real, I can’t believe we haven’t had anything else after this. Being able to route a microphone to speaker objects would be absolutely amazing for walky takly style systems or ATC, and even concert or stage events.

9 Likes

Yes, and for people who say this wouldn’t be safe, there’s a feature in the roblox menu that is exactly a microphone button, users can mute theirselves with that button and nothing bad will occur.

Maybe we could even get Voice to text? Would love this for horror games

4 Likes

Starting to wonder when roblox accepts people into their beta program.

13 Likes

So I saw a clip from RDC 2021 that there was plans to add audio reflection “soon”. That would be useful with normal audio objects since they sound flat and will only play out one ear when panned and not have any sort of positional feel like real life does. Why was this just glossed over and forgotten about?

4 Likes

ah yo still waiting for push to talk. any day now roblox

8 Likes

You can use third party services but this can lead to ban so use it carefully

5 Likes

I have verified my id and email and phone number
It still doesn’t show up I told customer support they didn’t say anything useful but the weird thing is that it gave it to me and then took it away in the next hour any thoughts?

14 Likes

I got suspended from voice chat until it is out of beta, and I have no clue why.

5 Likes

Hoping that Push-To-Talk gets put in at some point.
Also hoping for some settings options to either keep the voice icon above the players head, move the voice icon to be next to the chat icon in the top left or hide it completely.
Plenty of times that I turned on voice on accident either through a GUI that was obscuring it or having to click anywhere near the center of the screen and pressing it.

7 Likes

Alot of people aren’t getting it with a phone number.

8 Likes

Stumbled back onto this post. Roblox is rolling out spatial voice to very little groups of people periodically.

4 Likes

The most common place i’ve seen friends/strangers get spatial voice is america.

9 Likes

Take it from someone who has access to voice chat via ID Verification, sure its great you’ll start off a bit skeptical with it then you’ll join a few games mess around with it for a little while then you start realizing a large majority of the games that do have it are filled with toxic players so you’ll start playing regular games further coming to the conclusion voice chat literally sucks as we have a restrictive API with it you can barely utilize it in anyway you’d thing you can on a different platform so any plans you may have with it aside from joining a few hangout games are essentially ruined by the sheer limitations it has.

8 Likes

I’ve been waiting forever for a response about expanding the API so things like voice channels or speakers are possible, and yet voice chat seems to have been forgotten about like many other updates here.

9 Likes

Spatial voice is still in beta they will release cool scripting shenanigans whenever it isnt.

7 Likes