ChatScript in Studio Test has a 50% change to work

I have this same issue as well its quite annoying while editing chat related scripts like my recent fork of the old bubblescripts.

2 Likes

This bug has shown up in my game and this bug becomes very annoying when you want to test a script that works when you send a specific message in the roblox chat so hopefully it gets fixed soon.

3 Likes

This issue came back up, and it’s really annoying. It breaks Topbar+ V2. It has been really annoying when working on my game.

3 Likes

I just got this bug when I was working on my admin system. It’s really annoying, please try to fix it

3 Likes

This bug also breaks dialogs. Their bubbles don’t show up anymore.

2 Likes

ChatScript doesn’t seem to be archivable, and you can’t clone non-archivable objects (or I couldn’t, at least). I reworked your script with this in mind, this doesn’t support bubblechat though (because it’s a property under the Chat service now).

wait(1)
RunService = game:GetService("RunService")
Chat = game:GetService("Chat")

if RunService:IsStudio() then
	local playerScripts = game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer:WaitForChild("PlayerScripts")
	local chatScript = playerScripts:WaitForChild("ChatScript", 5)

if not chatScript then
		Chat:WaitForChild("ChatScript").Archivable = true
		wait(0.2)
		Chat:WaitForChild("ChatScript"):Clone().Parent = playerScripts
	end
end
4 Likes

I’ve only had this happen in one of my games. I wasn’t really sure on why it was happening. :confused:

3 Likes

Has been happening to me recently. Hope a staff member comes around and does something about it.

6 Likes

Getting the same issue here. About 50% of the time it works, 50% it doesn’t - mostly random.
When it doesn’t, PlayerGUI has TWO clones of ‘ChatInstallVerifier’ script created.

2 Likes

Could we please get some sort of acknowledgement of this bug? It’s clearly back and more annoying then ever, yet it seems that there’s a sort of “radio” silence on this issue. It’s affecting my workflow, a lot. It’s so irritating to me that I’m downright disabling the chat if I’m in studio because it’s such a habit to test the chat. I believe this only started coming back up after the latest studio update. I never had any issue with the chat script until now.

Side Note

Maybe this is just me, but when it doesn’t work, I get a really random print coming from studio that seems to be untraceable:

RobloxStudioBeta_K2bRaYyX2I

Very strange.

5 Likes

I have the same Issue. When I however simulate a Server then the issue is gone.

Oh. Most of my games used a forked version of game.Chat so it always is Archivable true.

You technically would need to copy BubbleChat over as well if using the old version.

I am, as of yesterday, still experiencing this issue.

I can confirm this bug is happening to me and it started yesterday I believe. Glad I wasn’t the only one

Same issue here, really getting annoying since im testing an admin system.
Has been happening for a while now, chat very rarely shows up for me.

3 Likes

I have this bug. Started yesterday. Need it for Admin Commands during Studio Test.

1 Like

I hope this is an indication that they’re fixing it and it has slipped under the radar of code review for studio.

Please look at my edited version of the script I posted in #18

I’m having this issue now. I wonder when it will get fixed?

1 Like

Confirming it’s going on here too. Been going on for at least a week, if not longer.

2 Likes