ChatterBlox [v1.4] - Create dialogue with ease!

Damn good plugin, however “The BEST” is just a scummy way to get more clicks, it isn’t the best, no plugin is “the best”.

7 Likes

Agreed. “The BEST” isn’t necessarily accurate either - in terms of UI the plugin by @Sol_ttu is much more polished.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll be sure to change the title to more accurately describe the plugin

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I must admit, @Sol_ttu’s plugin UI does look alot more polished. I’ll be sure to make improvements to the UI

2 Likes

This plugin is pretty good. However, if you disable click to advance and re-enable it, it will give an error on the display node.
RobloxStudioBeta_z6F6qSRwQR

1 Like

I would like to know what’s different about this plugin in comparison to the plugin by @Sol_ttu. I see that there is a built in NPC Model, but that’s the only difference I see. I think that there should be a reason as to why we should use this plugin than the plugin by Sol_ttu

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. The ChatterBlox plugin offers support for server-sided “actions” to be used. You can also customise the dialogue’s UI within the plugin, making it alot easier.
The plugin also has support to pause the dialogue when punctuation is reached, making it feel more authentic.
Another feature exclusive to this plugin is the ability to request an Instances properties through “Variables”.
Another feature that makes node creation and accessing other features of the Node Editor is it’s context menu. Right clicking on the editor or a node will open a menu containing various different actions. The Node Editor also gives you the ability to select multiple nodes and move/delete them all at the same time
I do plan to add more to this plugin to make it stand out from the rest

1 Like

Thanks for reporting the bug. I believe the issue is now fixed.

1 Like

The gui looks way better than that plugin, and it’s more user-friendly.

1 Like

Could you add a remove connection to node thing?

1 Like

RobloxStudioBeta_kbIlsyTAUO

RobloxStudioBeta_w0frCBS7m2

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this issue. I’ve figured out the cause of the first bug and am currently fixing it.Could you tell me how I could reproduce the second bug it so I can fix that one too?

To remove a node connection, all you have to do is click and hold the connection line, and drag it to the left of the editor window.

1 Like

I can’t really seem to find it again…I’ll let you know when I can reproduce it.
RobloxStudioBeta_uJZ7Jp9h3H
For some strange reason, after deleting these node connections, they end up connected to nothing when restarting the plugin.

After deleting these empty node lines, I got a new error.
RobloxStudioBeta_rmJH1MiDNK

Edit:
There is another visual glitch when restarting it too.
RobloxStudioBeta_a9GxcpuQLi
Even if it is connected to a node, the dots display empty. I can fix it after reconnecting it.

Edit 2:
RobloxStudioBeta_We9SpgsQl8
When editing display node text connected to a split node, this error occurs.

I’ve (hopefully) fixed all these bugs except the first one. I unfortunately don’t know why that happens. However, I have added the ability to duplicate dialogue in the main menu. Maybe duplicating the dialogue and deleting the old one will fix this?

1 Like

I don’t like how it prints out messages every time I do something…Could you fix it?

Kinda bugged somehow…

You should also test your plugin before updating it.

Could you add a Event or Function node that fires an RemoteEvent/BindableEvent or RemoteFunction/BindableFunction

Also, add an ProximityPrompt option that would detect an ProximityPrompt inside of a NPC model, and trigger the dialogue when interacted.

Weird, split makes it so it’s always at 3.

After deleting the split object, it’s 6 and 2 when reconnected.

I keep getting this error when trying to make a dialogue @COOLDEV16T

1 Like

Exact same for me. I CAN’T create a new dialog thingy it just won’t do it. I’ve restarted Studio, reinstalled the plugin, disabled and enabled multiple times but it gives the error and just doesn’t work @COOLDEV16T