Chickynoid, server authoritative character replacement

Might be 2024 at this rate, holiday season is in full swing.

4 Likes

:smiley:

8 Likes

Just a heads up! Don’t just swap the chickynoid reliable remote event for an unreliable one.
This wont work.
There is considerable delta compression that will get hosed. Just wait for the update.

13 Likes

When did they announce server authoritative physics? Could you link to a source?

i forgor where that is, my bad, cant link it rn

They haven’t officially announced it, but kleptonaut said generalized server authority is being worked on

I have a question, how would I go about replacing the default R15 Rig with a custom model?

what are you going to replace it with, A new model for all players? or custom models for certain players?

So unreliable remotes have a limit of 900 bytes, this means we now have to be carefull with how many things we stick inside the characterData, once this update releases. :skull:

Would love it if you could create an easily accessible api for the wally package
The current one is both outdated and hard to manipulate

With this update would it finally be possible to get the collision data from meshparts in order to have acurrate collisions on chickynoid?

If so these are huge news.

2 Likes

Blockcasts would solve this, however we’ll need to wait until margins are released

1 Like

I’m trying to find the code for where it gets the characters rotation, but I can’t seem to find it. Also, is there even a discord for Chickynoid?

1 Like

I am having a coding problem with writing my code the way chickynoid intends it to for my weapons.

So I want to make my hits have a delay and not cast instantly, So this means I cannot cast my hit from processcommand function because I need to step down the “HitDelay” value, and then cast it as soon as it reaches 0, so this means I need to program this from the :Think function.

Here is where the issue is at, I am unable to cast the hit from the Think function of a weapon because I require command.ServerTime value and command.fa value.

Does anyone know a solution or workarround for this?

Queue the attack up and fire it off on the frame you want to fire it on?

1 Like

Could you elaborate on what you mean by this?

This is basically how i setup my original code basically it just reads the command and if the player wants to hit it will then decide if it can enter the “Hit” state, and perform the hit reg directly from this code.

but ofc this wont work anymore as the attack isn’t perfomed instantly anymore.

I do not understand what you mean by queing, could you give me a little explanation on that.

Make a table full of pending attacks, and put a record in there with the time you want it to occur at. Check it every frame.

1 Like

from processcommand function right?, if so thanks for the solution, and thank u for taking ur time to reply to me i appreciate it.

@MrChickenRocket How would you go about implementing things such as dynamic gravity? For example, having a character move on a planet like in Super Mario Galaxy? Or the ability to go through a loop like in Sonic the Hedgehog?

From my understanding, Chickynoid beefs up the hitboxes of the world’s hulls in order to allow line-hull intersections as opposed to hull-hull intersections, but with the definition of “up” always changing, wouldn’t that force me to constantly recalculate the hulls? For example, the default expansionSize is Vector3.new(2, 5, 2), but if the player were to stick horizontally on a wall, I’d have to change it to expansionSize = Vector3.new(5, 2, 2).

Also what about players having their own gravity, wouldn’t they need their own collision world as well? What I mean is if player A is on the ground like normal, while player B is sticking to a wall, each player would have their own gravity, and thus need their own collision hulls?

1 Like