Chickynoid, server authoritative character replacement

You can’t send instances through remote events, just their reference, which won’t work unless they already exist at the Client side

1 Like

I don’t think so, it is not even officially “announced” yet

1 Like

Since this wasn’t announced or hinted at RDC 23, and given the optimizations needed, I’m not expecting it until late 2024 or 2025. But it’s still hope.

1 Like

I would like to use the custom collision system from this resource in my game, but i can’t seem to fully figure out how it works or at least what algorithms are used. :grimacing:

Trust me you would go insane if you tried to.

1 Like

Attention chickynoid society, UDP remotes are coming soon

This means chickynoids will be able to run perfectly fine on most devices and handle networking better than ever, It says late 2023, and there are 2 months left for 2023 to end meaning they are coming out soon.

2 Likes

they were found in new API changes for an upcoming update literally today, so might be a lot sooner than you’d expect.

3 Likes

OMG IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS UPDATE, dude this is going to make so many systems run 10 times better thanks to fire and forget protocols, I however as exicted as I am we will probably still need to wait a while till MrRocketChicken implements them into chickynoid :sob:

@MrChickenRocket Sorry to bother, Would it be possible we get simulation stats that always sync with the server similar to the way weapons do it on an update?.

The problem with using simulation.state is that these stats only sync when the character’s position is out of sync, meaning sometimes values that are not related to player movement at all do not sync, and while I could use weapons, using weapons for this is also not an option due to the player not always having a weapon equipped.

Hmm! Interesting point. Ill see when I do the unreliable remote update.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, this would help me a lot.

In the meantime, that data IS on the client, you can access it.

1 Like

Would Chickynoid support stopping/slowing certain players’ simulation like this
?

Yup! Doing slowmo for just certain people would be pretty easy as a simulation mod.

2 Likes

So in fortnite terms this basically updates the character realtime to the server or smth? Correct me if im wrong.

Roblox: The client calculates the character physics and sends the results to the server. The server then replicates this information to other players.

Chickynoid: Both the client and the server calculate the character physics, but the server has the final word on what happens. The client has its own simulation for responsiveness purposes.

3 Likes

These have been useful for figuring out how to use Chickynoid (somewhat), thank you

no thats not how u write commands1!11!, u make a client mod and give it a :GenerateCommand() function

It’s Roblox. It’ll most certainly come out of beta on the very last day of 2023.

3 Likes

Well at least in 2 months we won’t be forced to either use antiwarp to block all the exploits but make the experience horrible for people with lagspikes, or not use antiwarp but let people just freeze their simulations.

Honestly I am glad I see the developers from phantom forces and MrRocketChicken push out server authoritative tech on boblox.