"Choose an asset to import" The blue import button shows up as "Save" Rather then "Import"

Just wane start by saying this bug doesn’t have any major impact at all, in fact its severity is very low. Its just I want to point it either way.

Whenever I try to import assets using the roblox animator, the button used to import shows up as save. And whenever I try to cancel the import a menu pop up discard all changes, when I haven’t made any changes, because I am only importing assets.

Image visualization of bug

Attempting to cancel import pops up “Would you like to discard changes?”

Every time I close the menu and retry opening import again it shows the same menu.
Attempting to reopen animation editor creates the same issue.
Reopening the rbxl file still has the same issue
Is this a intentional feature? I feel like when importing assets it should say “Import” on the blue button rather then “save” to avoid confusion that your not publishing something. And why would the menu “Discard” appear whenever you close the window for import, there is nothing being discarded since your only trying to import a file.
Reopening studio also doesn’t work.

SPECS
GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 TI
MEMORY: 16GB DDR4
CPU: INTEL(R) CORE™ i5-7400 CPU 3GHZ 4 Cores 4 Threads
Roblox studio is used in a virtualized enviroment inside a Windows 10 Virtual Machine with GPU passthrough

Expected behavior
I believe it should be expected that the blue button shows up as “import” and that when you cancel a import it should not give a pop up saying “discard changes”

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! I filed a ticket in our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like