Choosing a KeyCode for ProximityPrompt is challenging

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to search up and find certain KeyCode for ProximityPrompt when inserting it to a Part and trying to find what type of key would be used for my Prompt when a certain user on a device and key to use on certain usecases.

With a brand new and exciting update of the ProximityPrompt and how it will be used and better than to create a whole system of it, it has been exciting and fun to use this feature instead of creating a system and ways we could use this. However, it is somewhat challenging in most aspects of it such as searching and finding a keycode from a set that ranges from A-Z with a ton that are on a laptop and keyboard.

Having a search system or engine inside Roblox Studio (for properties similar to ProximityPrompt) like ProximityPrompt would be nice to have and search easily instead of having to scroll and scroll until you found the key. Here is the current property as of today:

I don’t know if there is anyone workaround or solution in the meantime, but having a search system would be seriously necessary.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience and development workflow a ton because it would allow me to search up certain keys from A-Z and to input to my Keycode script(s) and what a device will be using on what buttons and UI it has, and especially a way to find these names and keys easier.

14 Likes

Enums in general need a search bar. Not just this one in particular. Full support as when i was testing this it was a pain to find the f key.

4 Likes

You can already sort of do this, just type using your keyboard and the option will be selected. It can be somewhat restricting where properties such as fonts have several variants starting with the same letter.
It would be nice though to have a dedicated search feature for it which is more flushed out that the current limited system for this.

6 Likes