Christmas GFX! Feedback please!

This is a Christmas GFX I have made because it is getting pretty close to Christmas! This is what it looks like!

Tell me if how much you like it, and what I could improve!

7 Likes

You are getting better and better Siimple_Sunset!
Keep going and never give up!
Have an awesome day!
:wink:

1 Like

Thank you! I had to render it 3 times before it didn’t look weird, lol.

1 Like

Looks good!

I get the aesthetic, but the watermark over the character isn’t my favorite.
Also the shadow is a bit bulky, and appears to not be rotated correctly with the person.
Also the only thing that screams Christmas to me is the dress (only red as well). Maybe some decoration would look nice!

Other than that looks good!
Keep up the great work!

Yes, but I didn’t notice the shadow until it finished rendering, but then I realized the shadow was bulky because I put the light on the right side of the GFX, so the shadow is bulk on the left

K, imma try to make another one, except with 2 people, and I’ll try to use more christmas accesories

Really Good.
How long did it take to render & what did you use to make it?

I like it but the background can definitely be better.

1 Like

Wow! That is very good! As far as Roblox avatars goes, that is very realistic! Keep up the great work!!

Oh, I use blender and the woman rig here’s the link to blender, https://www.blender.org/, and the link to the woman rig, woman rig - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy. After that, watch this video to help you learn how to use it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBn0bnD9XOA&t=6s.

It’s good.

The background is very bland, and I don’t see how it’s a Christmas GFX as there is little to no Christmas related themes or props, the only holiday related object I can see is the candy cane in her hand.

The one visible dress strap (that’s quite small, you have to enlarge the picture) isn’t evenly lined up with the strap, as it gets wonky halfway up the shoulder.

I actually like the lighting, I’m no professional, but still cool. For the most part this is a good GFX, you have great skills. Just keep it up and strive to improve. :+1:

1 Like

Ok thank you! It took me 3 hours about.

1 Like

@TheRealGamingZone and @stqrrydev, no I can’t make the backround better, because if I try to import any model, it ends up looking very… interesting? Idk, this is what I mean:

Also, since my mom’s desktop is super slow, it takes about 1-2 hours to render

It looks really good but there are some things I would do different.

1. I don’t see how It’s a Christmas GFX. If you wanted this to be more Christmasy you should add like a Christmas tree in the background with lights and maybe add a Santa.

How long did this take you to build?

Took me about 2 hours to build, but I had to spend another 2 hours building it again because for some reason my computer shut off even though it doesn’t even have battery because its a desktop and plugs into the wall. Also, i cant add a Christmas tree because of the same reason I said above.

That is too awesome!
Also the shadows are way too good.
Keep it up!

1 Like

The background look’s weird and the colors feel off and almost stale. I notice that all GFX artists have to go through this almost “uncanny valley” with their GFX where it looks good but something is off. What i recommend you do is remove that back wall and make it the scenes actual background. I also recommend that you have light colors that compliment the scene. Something like you holding a red present with a white light from one side and a soft green (still mostly white) light from the other. Make the present color compliment the scene. Make the present white and make the bow green/red. Also the shadows that are made by the character that hit back on them look very off. An example of this is image
You dont want your character to shade its self (rule doesn’t apply for very specific use cases!) I recommend the lights come from the front of the scene to prevent this. (have a dim light in front and have the main light on the side to keep the effect.). I also recommend adding more color to the background. Maybe a starburst or maybe a gradient or maybe a forest full of trees idrk. You could also add a bloom to achieve that vibrant vibe that it seems you are going for (assuming you are using eevee or something like that.) I would also recommend turning off the reflectiveness on the face material. It makes the texture look bad when part of it is white.

As i said above, I can’t add models, when I try it looks really, really stupid

They look normal in the render. Materials dont show up in the workbench. If you render it, it will look good. (press z and select material preview)