[OLD] Circular Color Picker (v1.2)

Quick question: I used this a few days ago and noticed every time you click the button in the test place to change the frame color, it just creates a new color picker, even if you already have one open. Is this intentional?

The example or module has no check if a color picker is currently active, but you can easily make a check yourself and reset it after the canceled to finished event fires.

1 Like

Thanks, and yes I have implemented a check.

Hey, I noticed that when you go all the way to black in the Value bar it sets the Hue and Saturation to 0, causing the color to be monochrome, even when you move the Value bar back up.

Here’s a video showcasing the issue.

3 Likes

This should be fixed in the new release (v1.2)

1 Like

Hey, how can I make this change the color or a part? (mesh to be specific)

Hey, so in the LocalScript, under self.Finished, you’re going to want to point to the part (eg. workspace.Part.Color = color) and that’s basically it, let me know if you have any problems. :wink:

Probably best to do it for all the functions, self.Finished, self.Canceled and self.Updated. :slight_smile:

very confusing for people that don’t know how to use, would be nice for an in depth tutorial because the one you provided isn’t helpful at all

Have you read the example scripts? Seems pretty easy to learn.

2 Likes

not for me i guess. i’m a beginner at scripting

I admire this color picker and will be using it for my upcoming game, but a idea you can do that im about to code and I could help you if you want but add a color recent box where it saves the recent color you used. ( Not my idea to ask this question but its a good question )

1 Like

This seems like bloat, but it could be a nice optional feature.

be fr u rlly gonna complain abt something that was made for free?!?!

3 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to write this plugin then sharing it with the community for free. Saved me a ton of time!!

A little bit of redesign :sweat_smile:

I apologize for the rudeness, I had to uproot some fragments of the module, but I am very grateful to you for providing a stable framework :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I did create this module kind of a while ago and looking back today it does look somewhat messy and I regret using things like PlayerMouse instead of UserInputSevice. I may try to remake it.

2 Likes

With your permission, can I rewrite it for more extended use? For example, substituting your own UI and styles.

That’s fine, you can do whatever you want with this resource.

Hello! The GUI is great but it doesn’t work well on SurfaceGuis. Any way I could adjust it to work with SurfaceGuis?