Need feedback on my game

Hello,

I’ve been working on this game I call “Fish and Oil”
It’s mechanics are similar to Refinery Caves and Lumber Tycoon 2.

Please consider liking and favoriting if you enjoy it, note: it’s still in development and is mainly just mechanics at the moment until I make a proper map.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.roblox.com/share?code=cc56f8de8cc08a45be82f6b4c783db93&type=ExperienceInvite

Thanks,

• Luke
9 Likes

pretty good.

2 Likes

Very cool game.

Gameplay 10/10
Mechanics 10//10

Needs more guns.

5 Likes

Pretty good framework, however for the faction colors, try implementing a color picker, here are some tutorials; 2d, 1d, and circular, there are also other styles, whatever you think fits the game the best.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about a color picker, but I was scared thinking about how hard it would be to make one. Thanks for the suggestion links. Problem is, I’m using ROBLOX default color picking, AKA brick colors. This makes it difficult because I can’t use RGB even though I kind of wish I could’ve but I don’t know if there’s like a way to take an RGB and round it to a brick color (if that’s possible.) It would be nice to have a color wheel similar to F3X’s brick color picker. Thanks though.

Not very user friendly. I would like for there to be a colour selection thing instead of typing your color. Also needs more decorations. I found 2 bugs also, you can cast your fishing rod on land, and I got stuck while casting the fishing rod in the water. Finally a tutorial, I got stuck for a few minutes trying to figure out what to do. Otherwise, great game and keep up the good work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, you can convert a Color3 to a BrickColor, see this. But why not just use Color3s from the start?

1 Like

ROBLOX team color conventions uses brick colors, I wish it was RGB but can’t.

Oh yeah, team colors, so you could just do BrickColor.new(Color3), or make a custom leaderboard (or grab the default leaderboard) if you want to add your own features.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. A tutorial will be planned for the future. Also, do you have more details on the fishing on land? I know about the movement glitch, but this is new to me, any insight? Along with this, do you have any other details on the “Not very user friendly” part besides the details already listed?

Thanks.

Sorry for the late response but no, it just needs a tutorial and the colour selector thingy. Great game though :happy4:

1 Like

I love this game, it’s pretty fun and overall just great. Couple things that I think are bugs, but might not be.

1. Guns will randomly drop out of your hand while you are using them.

2. Not sure if this is intentional or not, but randomly the fishing rod will just break.

Now some random suggestions.

I think it would be nicer if you can tell which type of fish is which and how much money it’s worth.
Also think it would be better for the map to have decorations and walls, but I understand the game is a work in progress. Anyways, great game 10/10 would play again.

1 Like

And by the fishing rod breaking I mean it will just not cast.

2 Likes

Oh and the gunshots are a little to loud.

2 Likes

If that happens again please screenshot F9 menu, and with the guns dropping randomly is because they’re the knockoff budget ones, you can see the sign in the store.

Thanks so much. :happy3:

2 Likes

Another thing I would add is to make the shop a little more visible, sorry I forgot to include in my original post.

2 Likes

You could do this by adding a sign. I would also like to have the shop enclosed, but its your opinion.

2 Likes

The purchasing counter or the actual building?

1 Like

Added a “Pikeman” rocket launcher, kills vehicles in one shot, same with players.

2 Likes

I’m a bit confused on what you mean by this, the shop does have a sign, but I don’t know what you mean by “enclosed”.

1 Like