City Loader Plugin - Templates for Real Life Buildings/Cities in Studio

You could export a heightmap separately, create a corresponding ColorMap from that, then upload using Roblox’s terrain import feature.

2 Likes

That’s ok. Thanks for the help.

Uh, why I am getting builds with purple and brown, how to get buids with that smooth medium grey texture

2 Likes

How exactly would I use this? Like a tutorial or something…?

1 Like

Here’s how to use it.

1. Open Studio, and open any template, preferably a baseplate or flat terrain.

2. Go to your plugins.

3. You will get a link to a site. Highlight the entire thing, and hit CTRL+C to copy.

4. Open a web browser of your choice.

5. Paste that URL into the search bar above.

6. You will be prompted to select a part of the world you want to import into Studio. Select a small city block anywhere in the world and click import. The data from OSM will be imported into studio, and you will eventually see the city or area you chose to import in Studio.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing around with your plugin and found a glitch/bug. Take a look below:

https://pays.host/uploads/49155c0d-68c8-4d09-b6f4-3add995bff69/T451bjrO_.png

This supposes to be the statue of liberty but it doesn’t really look like it.

2 Likes

Not a bug - this plugin relies completely on open source data from https://openstreetmap.org. Building shapes are modeled entirely through top-down outlines of buildings along with height. Complex shapes like statues and many nontraditional buildings can’t be generated from this.

3 Likes

Oh alright! But is there any way to import bigger parts? Btw keep up the good work! I use your road plugin a lot!

The best plugin I have ever encountered in a while. Nick work bro.

I’m not sure if I’m the only one but I think the plugin doesn’t work as it does not load a link to be able to generate any area in.

What I do is click on Plugins then click on the Render Buildings Plugin and then it just says “Creating Session” constantly that no link appears.

3 Likes

The plugin just doesnt work for me, nothing gets generated.

I’ve refreshed the code, i’ve restarted all my studio instances, i’ve created new baseplates i’ve went into saved games with http requests enabled and then when i go to the link everytime i go to an area that i can generate bc it isnt too large of an area, it just doesnt generate like nothing happens on studio

1 Like

this is one of the if not best plugin on roblox . im sure this will help out alot of people and cheers on making this godly plugin :slight_smile:

This is ASTOUNDING. Oh my god, this plugin is one of the best things I have ever seen. Keep up the great work, this is not only awesome to use, but it is also very useful in recreating cities.

Great, but who pays for the web server? Is it open source? if the one paying for it stops will this plugin stop working? @paricdil

1 Like

thank. you. so. much.
this is perfect for my open world driving game!

also, when I use the F key to focus on a building, the viewport goes black and i have to close out of the place and go back in, is this a problem on your or my end?

How would you get this to zoom onto a specific town or place

I have no clue how this one flew over my head but hot damn you’re a life savior! You just saved me from spending weeks trying to recreate roads of a city for a showcase I am working on. Huge props to everyone who contributed to it.

1 Like

When I open the plugin, it just says creating session but nothing loads. How do I fix that?

This is just… breathtaking. Amazing work my friend!

this will be so useful in my flight simulator project, Thanks alot