City under Construction (Updated)

There’s a lot of pictures, but I’ll try my best to take a look at all of them closely.

1: It looks pretty good.
2: Love the slight blur, it kind of looks a bit foggy like it might be on some cloudy days as well. It looks great, although especially from that angle you can tell that it’s a pretty big city.
3: Looks good.
4: The bridge or whatever that is kind of in the middle of the picture looks nice, I also enjoy your use of trees, you can see it a lot in that picture.
5: The scenery in the picture is perfect once again, and the road is as you’d expect it to look like. At least in that picture, it starts to show that not all the buildings are just like office buildings in a downtown part of the city, there’s a variation of cities, which is identifiable by the tables. A variation of buildings also serves a city’s true purpose, that it doesn’t have a lot of one type of building either.
6: It’s a bit dark so I can’t tell all of the details exactly, but I love how you put notes and stuff like that on the pillars.
7: As far as I can see, this is just a higher view of one of your older pictures. It looks nice, and what you expect a city to look like.
8: Once again, looks very very very beautiful! One thing that is focused a lot in the picture though is that within the different shades of the buildings, you have a few pops of color, which in this case are the few cars.
9: Very nice bridge, I can’t tell if that is a road or not though.
10: Nice, will that connect onto another part of the city or is it just for decoration? (The bridge.)
11: Amazing.
12: The detail comes out a lot in that picture, and more cars!
13: Wow… That flag is really realistic, good job! Looks beautiful.
14: The lights are a nice touch to make it realistic, and once again the towers as well!
15: Nice sign, it let’s people know that it isn’t just any building, it’s a prison.
16: Nice cafeteria, however it’s quite dark I have to say. Try adding a bit more lighting or increasing the lighting for the lights.
17: The cars make the parking lot seem not so empty, and fits in perfectly!
18: Still a bit dark, but looks amazing otherwise.
19: Very realistic for a prison court, and once again the realistic flag, which adds in beautifully!
20: Still going! Nice.
21: Nice.
22: The boxes and the sewer vent or whatever it’s called looks so realistic, and just perfect.
23: Beautiful train tracks.
24: Lovely!
25: Nice construction site! Not everything in a city is built, more is to come!
26: Nice blue crane.
27: The cranes in the city really bring some color out as well.
28: Nice.
29: Nice pothole or whatever and cones.
30: Beautiful.
31: Nice sign, still need some light there.
32: Ooh! Over the city looks nice.
33: Beautiful terrain.
34: Nice!
35: Beautiful.
36: Nice terrain, brings it out so it’s not just all terrain.
37: Last picture! Beautiful landscape.

Very detailed! I love it. What game will this be?

3 Likes

Wow, I’ve never had a very big comment like this, but that’s fine, by the way for now it’s a personal project, but I’m going to use it for a prison game

3 Likes

Also answering your questions, the Brooklyn Bridge that you see in the image if it is a highway is connected to the city and in another that I still do not do, also in some parts I know that it looks dark, because of the shadows, but believe me that from in I designed it like that at the beginning and I like it,
I hope it has helped you in your some of your questions
Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks good, gives me GTA IV vibes.

1 Like

Note for the this topic: Some images of the theme I removed as they were old and were not updated next to the map

3 Likes

Looks great! My only real criticism comes with pics 1 and 2. Having low-poly trees among a super-detailed everything else seems a bit… off. Maybe just applying a grass texture to the tree leaves would make it better.

1 Like

Do you have any more updates for the current version of the city, if so please reply with some screenshots, I would love to see how it looks right now as this topic was made a while ago to my knowledge.

For now I have not updated it, since I have been making a different version
The photos found in this topic are the one from the last update closest to the map

(In case you haven’t seen it)

1 Like