Classic Fedora Turning White in Blender

Hello! I think a lot of people struggle with this. So, I am doing a GFX for a client and the avatar has CF, but when I put it into my Blender and put it to “Texture” it turns white? Please help and thank you!

unknown

3 Likes

So try deleting then reading the texture you can use the method below that I believe also works for hats with a corrupted texture just make sure you have the right texture when you’re deleting and re-adding it.

1 Like

Okay, thank you! It is so frustrating.

1 Like

It didn’t work sadly. Is there any more videos like that?

I’ve figured out the issue with Roblox+ seeing as the texture is now WhitePexl this bug occurs. I’m going to be looking for the texture before it got corrupted on the actual item.

Edit: This might work for you but it’s for blender 2.7 so you’d have to use the similar sort of steps for blender 2.8.

Edit 2: Seeing as the CF is a solid texture due to the fact it’s an old Roblox hat following the steps I did in the video below or the edit above. (Video is converted to blender 2.8)
Hex= “#303030

2 Likes

Have you got the fedora texture on your laptop, sometimes it gets replaced with a different texture if you named it the same thing as the other texture

Ya I did but it doesn’t work or I am doing it wrong?

When you insert into blender, the texture of the fedora is white as @ProvenData said it earlier. So I rather texture paint it.

How do I texture paint it in blender?

I’d suggest just setting the base colour to black then :confused:

1 Like

You do that in Texture correct?

In the texture paint tab

Ooh nice! Thank you so much! :heart:

Wait no
go into shading, add a new material, add black image connect it to base colour and then you can add details in texture paint

1 Like

In this specific case, due to the fedora being more or less a solid color otherwise, it shouldn’t be too hard to simply darken the texture with texture paint and plug that texture into whatever material, even easier option, you can scrap the texture entirely and just set a base color with one of many materials.