Classroom Mode Beta: Build Educational Experiences!

Cool! But how would I be a verified educater?

I believe they said they’re working on it!

In the mean time, if you want to test it in your own experiences, you can change the group ID. If you just want to test the feature in general, they released a test experience where everyone is assigned the educator role in individual servers.

3 Likes

Awesome! The potential this has is HUGE!

1 Like

As most people are stating, the UI looks very rushed and old.

I wanted to modify it, but the scripts are creating the UIObjects.l It should probably just require the UI, to clean things up, and to make making modifications easier.

NAWW

Okay but on a more serious note this is quite cool, I can’t wait to have classes in roblox. I think that’d be quite awesome

Verified educators are for folks who are looking to use a Roblox experiences with their students. This is not a necessary role to develop an educational game or experience. We’ve baked in some debugging configurations to let you test the experience either as a student or an educator.

4 Likes

This looks great and will definitely help many educators, and I can’t wait to see it in action! Just one small question though, when you insert the model, do you just leave it in workspace and don’t do anything to it or do you take the folders out and put them in the designated instances?

It’s designed to be plug and play. You should be able to put it either in Workspace or ServerScriptService and it should just work right out of the box.

3 Likes

Now keep in mind that unless you have the debug mode enabled or are in an experience with an educator, you won’t actually see any changes in the game

3 Likes

Is their anyway to tell if a player is an educator?

Outside of this model, I mean, an api like player:IsEducator, or are they in a group like roblox staff?

For testing purposes, I have set ‘QAMode’ to true. However, no UI appears for the ‘Student’ when I click the ‘Student’ toggle button. Is this supposed to be the case? If so, how does the ‘Student’ raise their hand?

We do not have an api yet, but that is something we are looking into and plan on having as a feature at some point. Until then, I recommend using the module to determine who an educator is, as we’ll always update the module to use the most up-to-date methods of determining user roles. Right now the module uses an attribute on the player object for this, but we’ll release an update soon to have this be an API in the module itself.

3 Likes

seems awesome! might try making a game with this myself, i could see this being an important step to encourage developers to make educational experiences on the platform!

You likely aren’t seeing the UI as there needs to be an educator in the experience for the student UI to appear. You can do this in Studio by doing Start server/players with multiple players and setting one of the players to an educator using the QA toggles.

That said, forcing the student UI to appear sounds like a good QOL improvement for debugging. I’ll add that to our todo list

4 Likes

It’s going to be hard to find educators if you can get banned from Roblox by testing maps that you are accused of not having copyrights on. This is what happened to me today.
EDIT : I discovered someone else updated my old place that’s why the bot terminated because I am the owner, that’s unfair.
Roblox moderation is so awful to keep people alive.
Bots are very bad programmed to terminate people breaking unknown rules.

I see a lot of great things in the future at Roblox but your copyright system is a big problem.
It lacks a lot of security for our future Roblox educators (personally I have already given private lessons in Roblox but I can’t do it anymore because it’s too dangerous to show creations).
How educators will do if they’re not allowed to present things in the metaverse?
I give you an example, if you don’t have copyright to remake a very famous building which require you import decals to make the building more realistic, how will you do?
The educator may receive warning for importing decals, even a ban!
AND THE BIGGEST FLAW is the way you can teamcreate with people who can terminate YOU BY UPDATING YOUR PLACE WITH ILLEGAL MODELS without you’re expecting !!

2 Likes

I wish I could have that school

Roblox just made admin easier but intergrating a custom one insted of hd admin or scripting one

This can change how we go to school and learn during these terrible times. You can “Raise Your Hand” in the game, you can assign assignments in the game.

1 Like

Good idea! We’re actually working on talking to educators at the moment and will hopefully be able to publicly release some of our reflections and findings in the mean time.

1 Like

So I’ve noticed a few other comments about the UI and I was wondering if anyone would like to share some specifics on what they mean.

For example - what specific parts of the UI feel rushed? I will say because this is in a beta phase, there are some minor issues such as padding or scaling. If you do have any further thoughts about the UI - any screenshots with arrows pointing to the issue, and a specific comment will help us in better improving the UI for a final result.

2 Likes