Cleaning up test server doesn't close all test clients

Reproduction Steps

1. Open a baseplate
2. Navigate to the “Test” tab at the top of the Studio window
3. Set the player count to be any player count of 2 or more. For this report I set it to 2 players.

4. Once all the clients have loaded, press the “Cleanup” button in one of the client windows. Pressing it in Server or in your development window will allow them to all close properly.
Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 8.29.21 PM

Expected Behavior

All of the test windows will close successfully.

Actual Behavior

One of the client windows will be stuck open. As you can see in this screenshot:

Workaround

Press the Cleanup button in the server instance or your edit place.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Connectivity
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly

19 Likes

That happens to me too, but I would just easily close the tab if that ever pops up

1 Like

It makes sense, your leaving on the client side, much like leaving out of a game, it wont remove the entire server

Overall i think this is expected behavior.

I guess Test Servers and Play Solo function differently, Test Servers are designed to simulate actual client/server behavior, Play Solo is just for quick test or for playing the game so the server and client is run the same (tho server/client processes have been changed to make server and the client have different threads) it just still a listen server so the moment play solo session stops by the host leaving the game, server dies. Similar to a how singleplayer modes for non roblox games work that are built with server/client in mind.

Test Servers are run by having the server and the clients run as seperate instances

Still kinda annoying bug but luckily you can ALT+F4

This happens to me on my Windows PC. Roblox hasn’t fixed this bug along with the bug that prevents you from changing UserInputService.MouseBehavior to Enum.MouseBehavior.LockCenter, so I wouldn’t recommend using the test server until both of these issues are fixed.

Has been happening for several months now.

This is still occurring, happens on my PC running Windows 10.

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

Hey this still seems to be occurring. Is this QOL fix scheduled to be patched any time soon?

Bringing this back up. The process of cleaning up test servers has been significantly sped up, but this bug is still present.

Can confirm that this is still an issue. Been having this issue for months now and it still usually happens.

THIS IS STILL AN ISSUE, AND STILL INCREDIBLY ANNOYING.

When will this be fixed? Bump.

4 Likes

Can this issue PLEASE get fixed, I’m literally begging.

From what I have found, it seems that if you cleanup the client, then just that client closes. If you want to clean everything up, click on the cleanup button in the main window where you started the test from. That will cleanup the server and all clients.

However, with that being said, there is a bug. If you close the individual clients, sometimes on subsequent tests if you hit the cleanup button on the main window, it will close the server but not the clients. You have to manually close the clients. The only way to recover from this is to restart studio. That’s been my observation, and that is a bug.

In the past, however (prior to 2022) Cleanup would close all instances of the local test.

bumping this again. I have no idea how this is not fixed yet. Please, This bug is very annoying.

Very annoying bug, PLEASE fix!

Hey Roblox, this is still an issue, please fix it.

Still occurring in March of 2024

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t even know there was a forum post for this. This issue has frustrated me for years now, and I never got around to actually making a report for it. Now that Studio is down (again :roll_eyes: ) I actually made my way over to the forum and saw this!

I don’t believe this is intended behavior. As far as I know, if you press the CleanUp button from anyone of the clients, it shuts down the hosting server, but not all the clients. Then you have to close them all individually. You can close a single client by just closing the window. CleanUp button should ALWAYS clean up ALL test windows.

Roblox fix this pls : D

Hey there,

An attempt to fix this issue has been released (and turned on) if you are using the latest Studio.

Let me know if you are still experiencing this issue or not.

Thanks

3 Likes