Ryzen 5800X
32 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3070 Ti

Reproduction steps:
Simply try to hit play on the game.

Expected Behavior

You are able to join the experience normally

Actual Behavior

When you hit play, you are presented with a black screen instead of the joining screen which should be playing. The client is frozen and you need to close Roblox completely to stop this issue.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Freezing
Impact: Low
Frequency: Sometimes
Date First Experienced: 2022-11-18 20:11:00 (-05:00)

15 Likes

Noticed this happening when trying to join a full server. The client isn’t actually frozen in my case and it’s likely just a lack of any indication of the server being full in the new joining screen. (Also worth noting that pressing Alt + F4 returns you to the app instead of closing the program as it should.)

1 Like

Did a bit more testing. This happens when waiting to establish a connection to a game server or, like stated in FloatLime’s post, attempting to join a full server. Another important detail is that I’ve seen this happen in the main game as well.

Ah, I didn’t see this thread until now! I actually made a thread at a similar time as yours. I’m not sure if you were experiencing exactly the same thing as I was (where it would do this on any game no matter if the server was full or not), but I’m interested to hear if it is. Here’s the thread; https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-client-black-screen-for-45-seconds-before-loading/2058473?u=evilitself

For me, my problem would happen trying to join any experience and it would stay like this for an entire ~45 seconds. After looking at the logs, there was a consistent 40 second gap inbetween two entries. My problem seems to be a combination of 2 separate problems, because even when this doesn’t happen, I still get the black screen similarly what you two seem to be experiencing.

I only noticed the new loading UI after this problem started occuring, but I believe that has something to do with it. When the new loading UI does pop up, it is extremely jittery and slow. Due to this, I assume the problem is with the new UI and, if it isn’t happening for everyone, then it’s probably a compatibility thing.

The 45 second freezing issue I’ve had seems to be directly attributed to having multiple hard drives on my system, and the places that ROBLOX installs itself. However, I don’t think that would be the issue causing the black screen in the first place. So I’m just gonna drop my system info and see if there are any parallels we can draw that make sense.

Intel 9900k 8 Core (Overclocked to 4.7Ghz)
GeForce RTX 3080
32 GB RAM 3200Mhz
Main Monitor - 1440p 165hz | Second Monitor - 1080p 60hz
Windows 11 Home - Build 22621
Storage: WD Black SN770 SSD 500GB (4 disks in total)

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

5 Likes

This seems to have been fixed and is now correctly showing the current connection status near the bottom of the screen.

This is an issue for one of my games as well but when joining a separate place in the experience, hopefully this gets fixed soon or a solution comes along.

This happens to my friend and myself. What is going on with roblox??

I’m experiencing this heavily on my game. When will this be addressed?

Ant Life [Beta Testing] - Roblox

Here is my game as well where it is happening!

Hey everyone - sorry for the necro, but wanted to circle back here. Is this still happening?

Nope, works fine now, thanks!