Close 1+ year old topics in #bug-reports

As a Roblox developer, it is difficult to find actual new bugs when bug reports from 2016-2017 are constantly resurfaced.

The bugs have surely been fixed then, or if they somhow still occur today, it is likely not due to the same cause of the original one, and therefore a new topic should be created.

If this is added it will improve my browsing experience of the #bug-reports category since I’ll be able to find more recent bug reports that are more relevant today.

12 Likes

Support! It’s getting to the point where members are bumping really old bug reports because they cannot file a new one. Community Sages, (which are deprecated anyway) are having to close these threads. If Roblox truly wants to make the forum run without Sages, this needs to be taken care of before sages lose their permissions to close threads.

5 Likes

DET can close the threads too (and do)

4 Likes

While I do agree with this, there are some bugs which are still relevant and annoying to put up with, one being this one

I think that bugs which are fixed or haven’t gotten activity in X amount of months should be auto-locked. If the bug is re-occurring, a new topic would suffice.

2 Likes

Old bugs regress sometimes, or just never get fixed in the first place. This would encourage needless duplication.

13 Likes

I don’t necessarily think it’s that big a deal if it’s just 1 extra bug report, and like I said:

if it were a little later like 2019+, it would be a little more understandable, but im talking about even older bugs, and in a more recent case that actually prompted me to make this topic, the staff member even replied that the bug “resurfaced” because of a different issue.

3 Likes

I disagree with this for the same reason as @PeZsmistic gave in their post.

Only solved bug reports should be locked. All other bug reports should remain open until they are solved.

2 Likes

They honestly need to add “upgrading” to Regular again before fixing any of that. Members can’t help on anything that they can find, like bugs, features, nothing, even if they really want to.

3 Likes

You can still make bug reports as a member…

You need to send a DM to @Bug-Support with your bug report, if it follows the guidelines, they will move it.

There is a lot of misinformation coming from members that they cannot make bug reports, this is false.

2 Likes

They completely ignored me, so I’m not sure. I thought Bug-Support was like inactive or something?

Also tried contacting the @DevEngagement Team (didn’t wanna tag them) to move a Feature Request, but never got an answer.

2 Likes

Chances are the bug report didn’t follow the guidelines then. I have had no problems with this group.

2 Likes

There’s no @Feature-Request type of group for members to use either.

2 Likes

You can just DM your feature request to the same group…

2 Likes

Well that would be wrong since it’s a bug report group anyways. You said that Bug-Reports is mainly for sharing internal files right?

2 Likes

No?

@Bug-Support is for bug reports. Internal files are supposed to be DM’ed to @bug-files.

2 Likes

No, some bugs are deprioritized but should stay open to collect more feedback, so its priorization can be adjusted over time depending on how many people are affected by a bug.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.