[CLOSED] [200K+] + [25%] Hiring multi-skilled Scripter

Position has been filled, thanks for all those who applied.

About Us

Hi, I’m HVAX. I’m currently working on a sci-fi clan project called Taneria. This group and game is VERY similar and inspired by The Nighthawk Imperium, and their game The Grand Crossing.

GROUP: https://www.roblox.com/groups/1174414/The-Nighthawk-Imperium#!/about
GAME: https://www.roblox.com/games/885450884/The-Grand-Crossing-ROLEPLAY

The Team
@HVAX - Project Manager and Leader, Builder, Environment Design, and Group-Leader.

[!] - There is an unnamed partner on this project who handles all of the finances. I will leave his name blank because I am not sure if he wants his name publicized. If you are hired, you will meet him.

You can see our progress so far here: https://twitter.com/TaneriaRBLX

Feel free to ask about more information on the game, you can even explore some of it. Although it is private, you’ll need to add me on the ROBLOX website in order to play. This is to prevent exploiters who steal the place. Just let me know on this thread if you’d like to visit the game and make sure you send me a friend request on ROBLOX.

About The Job

We are looking for a talented, MULTI-SKILLED, Scripter who is capable of doing the scripting portion of the game as well as some UI, Animations, etc. side work as well.
They must also be able to carry out these tasks with R15 while keeping game efficiency and performance in mind. Keep in mind these scripts will need to be made to be easily configurable and we need to know what each part of every script does what.

When do we need it done?
We want this done ASAP but the date can be somewhere between 2-5 weeks. If said person does not reply without notice for more than 3 days without warning or notice, we will look for other people to fill the position. If person doesn’t make enough progress expected reasonable, we will warn the Scripter, if they continue to not make or make little progress, we will search for another Scripter.

More info will be exclaimed to whoever is hired. Below exclaims the key portions of what you’ll be scripting, there are still other stuff you’ll have to script which I’ll let you know if you are hired.

COMBAT SYSTEM

Our group game needs a combat system. You’ll need to be able to make different type of guns be able to shoot, reload, sprint, and crouch. You’ll also need to be able to make a toggle system for our shields. When a person presses a certain button on their keyboard, a shield will appear on their arm. Guns will also need a basic reloading animation, nothing special or long. (Fire rate, accuracy, and damage as well for the guns.)
https://gyazo.com/0d815cb3becda51bfc41987ea6d6e50a Video shows animations.

TEAM SYSTEM

(Probably the most complex portion of the job.)

You’ll need to be able to make sure certain players of teams cannot kill other members in certain teams, this is to prevent abusive killing for a bad or no reason. There are about 5 teams. (Tanerian Team, Citizen Team, Rebel Team, Raider Team, Destroyer Team, you will need to be able to add more in the future.)

The Tanerian group team will need to receive certain weapons and tools depending on their rank in the group. The Tanerian team will also have certain morphs you can wear if you are a certain rank in the group. If the player is in an exclusive group-division they will receive their own special morphs which vary depending on their rank in their group-division. This team is the facility protecting team.

The Citizen group team can explore the facility and do not receive any special tools. They cannot harm or be harmed by anti-Tanerian teams. They can be killed by the Tanerian team.

The Rebel team, players will be able to access by being in the Enemy group or obtaining 10 kills as a team member of Citizen. They rebel against the Tanerian Team and raid the facility for it’s resources and peace. This team cannot harm Citizens or the other anti-Tanerian teams.

The Raider team is a Gamepass exclusive team. They are upgraded versions of the Rebel team and receive their own morph. They will need to receive their own certain tool pack. This team cannot harm Citizens or the other anti-Tanerian teams.

The Destroyer team is a Gamepass exclusive team. They are upgraded versions of the Rebel team and receive their own morph. They will need to receive their own tool pack. This team cannot harm Citizens or the other anti-Tanerian teams.

DOOR SYSTEM

The Tanerian team will need to be able to pass through certain doors, while other Teams cannot. However, if the other team player has a tool named Door Hacker or Door Exploder, these tools will be able to open CERTAIN, not all, doors, the doors will need to re-lock after a certain amount of seconds go by.

SHOP SYSTEM

Players will be able to purchase tools and weapons when they walk to a certain spot where a shop GUI will pop up. These tools can be purchased for in-game credits, which can be bought with R$ if they do not have enough.

UI SYSTEM

The game will need a basic GUI system where it displays in-game credits, health bar, and other stuff, other UI work is exclaimed in the SHOP SYSTEM section.

I’m sure I haven’t listed everything else but there should be a couple more pieces of work, these are just the core pieces of the job.

Payment

We can pay 200K+ for this job, if you have a good reason for more pay we can consider a bit more. We also offer the 30% if you stay with us and carry out updates and bug fixes regularly. We project the game will be very successful.

The pay is legit, groupfunds from a very big and active 213,000+ member group with a game which concurrents 150-250 members daily. The group will not be linked here, but we are fine with telling whoever we hire about the group. This group is not the Taneria group.

Payment will be received after everything is finished, I will not be doing milestone payments at all. I’ve learned my lesson with that and will never do it again.

Contact Me

You can contact us here on the Developer Forum or via Discord.
You must be 13 years or older to apply.
Must be fluent and understanding in English.
We’d prefer New Member or Member’s, but anyone is allowed to apply.

Discord is the fastest, easist, best way to contact me, I am very active and will respond to all relevant messages as fast as I can. Please add me and than send your previous work and/or portfolio ASAP.
Discord: HVAX#2825

4 Likes

This project, from the requirements, seems a vast amount of work and requires an experienced scripter with quite a few side talents as well. On top of that, there’s some strict requirements for said scripter to make progress often. Now we take a look at the pay.

120K robux, when devexed, is going to be roughly equivalent to 380-400usd if I’m not mistaken. The tasks are large, I reckon they’ll require a lot of time from experienced programmers, and more from those newer to it. This way it’ll easily exceed 40 hours of work, which is confirmed by the estimate of 2-5 weeks time.

Past 40 hours of work, we’re looking at a salary of 10usd hourly, and this rate drops much more (below minimum wage) if the task takes longer. At this point it seems like the hourly pay is very little for the highly experienced person the group is looking for.

Now to the percentage; 10-20%. Why is someone programming and animating, essentially making most of the game, only getting so little? The hourly pay wasn’t great to begin, but here it becomes most peculiar.

If you are looking for a professional for this task, and expect them to be done within the given time, it may be worth upping both the percentage payment and the total amount. It is simply not viable otherwise; the chosen person would be better off doing all this work by themselves and hiring a builder to assist.

2 Likes

I’ve hired scripters who’ve gotten games done like this before for similar price in the same time-frame, which is why I’ll stick around my said price range. 20% can be a lot for a game with a lot of potential. We project in the starting weeks it’ll make a small 200k a week, how much is that with 20%? 40k, save up the 120-150k paid from this project that’s 190, wait another week, you’ve got near the amount to devex for 250k r$ in total. That’s not even the game in it’s prime, those are our starting numbers we’ve come up with.

The scripts should be very basic and easy to complete, everything but the Team system that is. Simple Door, gun, UI system. I don’t see whats so complex about this job.

If you’re looking for above minimum wage on the Developer Forum, I’d recommend actually working and looking for work by top game & studios.

I don’t think there’s much more for me to say here. You’ve confirmed the point I’m making and hopefully people see their potential is worth much more than that. Simple does not mean it’s quick to do, and experience is expensive.

4 Likes

Always assume to make nothing off your game, and that everything you are paying your scripter is exactly what they are going to get for their work.

Now, the percentage is like an “up keep” bonus, and apart of their work. As there is no guarantee for this, and most scripters will take this into consideration and seeing a small percentage and only a small 120k will easily walk away. Scripters know their worth and importance, and consider the hours and the work that goes into everything, and the cheaper you go… pretty much the cheaper you get.

Refer to my original quote, you can’t guarantee this and this is not factual. Nothing against you or your game, but “potential” doesn’t equate to actual earnings and actual figures.

As stated, % isn’t reliable and 120K for the work you are requesting of absolutely nothing. I’d recommend trying to raise this first payment, as the % is extremely low. You have to balance, and this scale of work would be at least 50-60% + 200K.

You don’t understand the work that goes into these things, I can make the UI, the doors, the teams, all within a week easy… the gun system takes time and work to smooth out and work how the game should essentially function and only then should the UI be built around this and the team system. The team system should serve as a base for the guns on how the gameplay should be.

I was making around 14K a month at my game’s prime before everything happened (should add this was only for two months, then it went straight to 0). I make absolutely nothing now due to advertising and paying for commissions and etc… My game had 0 potential and was extremely bad. Just because you personally believe the game will be successful doesn’t guarantee this, as it’s whatever the players want. The scripter is working out of faith on your claims and projections, plus the payment for their work and hours.

Really consider everything, and always assume the worst when it comes to things. You should strive to make a good game instead of making projections and assumptions and focus on getting players instead of funds. This is simply because you want to grow the game and the standing to create a constant you can somewhat rely in. As I stated with my own experience, you can’t even rely on that.

2 Likes

I will never assume that I will not make nothing off of any of my games. Every single group/game in this field, I’ve worked on profited and everyone on the team was happy with their earnings. I know for a fact the game will earn around the amount we’ve projected because I’ve worked in this portion of games before and earned much more with those than I projected with this.

50-60% + 200k seems way too much for what I’m looking for. Maybe 180-200k and like 25-30% at most seems reasonable for this type of game.

I do understand the work that goes into, I’ve hired scripters for similar projects as I’ve said earlier. There’s plenty of open source gun free models that are R15 for a scripter to examine and know how to create their own.

The difference with that is, our numbers will be much more higher than 14k a month. We’re handling advertisements and all of that. And as I’ve said for we’ve released similar groups and games that made a lot which is why we’re highly confident in our projected numbers, which I’m sure is different from your situation.

Your personal choice but could cause problems, just trying to save you here.

Not a direct fact, but a plausible estimate in your own opinion. I’m not going to argue around this, but as I stated trying to help you understand what can happen and how the market works.

Free models, versus a complete weapon system that works properly and is designed around the game and feels good are two entirely different things. Now you don’t have to have the best guns of all time, but they need to feel good for players to want to use them, plus understanding something like FE and creating a lag-less feeling system that gives good input and works with the UI can be challenging.

This was on a game with 10K+ players, and only a portion of the profits. I’d refer back to my OP, but just be careful making these assumptions on numbers.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

I wish you the best of luck on your game development and that you are successful, but do always have a grain of salt and be prepared for everything. The game market is completely based on the consumer and what they like, and can literally flip any time.

3 Likes

After going over the recent replies and opinions of unnamed people within the New Members server, I’ve raised the price. If this still is not just, I have one more offer after.

You know I looked at this as well. And noticed that it said the “Team System” would be the most complicated. But in all honesty, in my own opinion. The Gun System is the most difficult. There’s so many variables to get right to make it both effective and playable let alone fun to use and competitive.

It makes the Team System look like a piece of cake. It’s definitely being underestimated. But I wasn’t sure if it was just me.

Also it’s kind of unfair to compare two programmers. Not every programmer know everything. And knowing everything isn’t a standard. Knowing the standard is the standard. Free models are nice, but at the end of the day, Free models are free models. And what you can learn from them is limited in terms of what works for your game.

All in all, this isn’t a reply about pricing, more so I noticed @HVAX in this specific case was really underestimating significantly important parts of his project which made me question how much he really understands of the game he’s trying to make. On top of the mysterious person handling finances. Any person who deals with “finances” and hides their identity despite being part of a team looking for team mates, is shady.

You shouldn’t have to walk into a shady situation to get more information on how shady it is. Just be transparent and upfront. Is it really that difficult?

5 Likes

Whoa Whoa dude, back off. I simply pointed out your shady behavior. I didn’t accuse you of or call you anything. I took my time to read through your post. Please don’t tell me what to do as I haven’t demanded you do anything. I simply questioned if you understood what game you were making. All of my points were strictly opinion based and not an attack on your character.

If I translate this correctly… “Some person you don’t know who wishes to remain anonymous will be in charge of paying you if you’re hired. You shall meet them once you join the team.”

Usually people who sign up for a job know exactly who’s paying them. Primarily the same “company” giving them the job. It’s quite easy to figure out who’s in charge of paying you in said company when said person does not hide their identity.

Which was my reason behind being skeptical.

Your response to my feedback and criticism were overly unprofessional and rude in nature. You even accused me of not reading said article I was giving critique on.

It’s nice you had plenty of scripters. I’m not plenty of scripters. I’m a programmer, and this is my opinion. Do not attack me for it. You’re free to hold your own opinion as am I.

Thank you, and I wish you the best on your project.

3 Likes

I dont see the fuss over the pay. I’m sure if any scripter is in need of money they will take this job.

2 Likes

You’re really not making a good case for yourself with how you’re responding to criticisms on this thread and elsewhere. If someone is hired by you, can they expect the same tone of communication from you the entire time?

If you’re not willing to negotiate or treat people with basic respect (for example, assuming that people are actually informed about their fields and the work that goes into things), I don’t think you’ll be successful with finding someone for this position.

7 Likes

What else can he say after offering a negotiable payment (which is still quite decent as is), users not even interested in taking up the position replying to the thread about him not offering high enough payment (which is not valid since he said negotiable) and random other things that have no basis at all

And the man has been up 26 hours straight give him a break… :wink:

2 Likes

Without repeating the points made above (it’s explained in grave detail why the pay is not ‘quite reasonable’ several times), there is a basis for it and it’s not random. You claim it is negotiable, but the responses negotiating a higher price are shot down.

If users are not interested in taking the offer, perhaps the offer can be improved? This is the reason they are getting the responses, it is not random whatsoever.

There is never a reason to deny a fair percentage payment. When hiring someone to do over half the work, then it is not more than fair to expect half the revenue at least.

2 Likes

How do you know they’re not interested in taking up the position.

They most likely are, but they’re not applying because of the payment.

2 Likes

``come up with. What evidence is there to support this?

My word that I’ve worked with these type of games before, this type of game easily profits and 50/50% chance it stays alive for a long time

You aren’t going to find a lot of people who are capable of paying above minimum wage on the Developer Forum. If you’re actually looking for above minimum wage like I said you’ll find more success working for a big triple a front page studio, this is a ROBLOX commission not a full-time job, lol.

3 Likes

That is true but how do you expect that to change if you don’t start the change yourself.

mariofly5 2k19

Ok for real though, if you want a proper guideline of how scripters should be paid, refer to this document here as I found it very useful and insightful! It might help out in this very instance and a lot of developers use it as a starting point for payment SCRIPTERS - Stop undervaluing your work!

1 Like

As Roblox grows the developer forums keep growing, this will start to change over time. There are many different factors as well, such as the developer’s pace, the amount of work, the amount of effort being exerted into the work, etc.

Is this the kind of communication you would be having with whoever may have this position? It may not be appealing to some and may lead to trouble later down the road such as developers leaving the project, developers being demotivated to work, etc.

In the OP, it is indeed “shady” that the group is not being mentioned. If it’s so big, what’s the problem in mentioning it? Developers that are looking for work depend on commisions as a source of income (not a major income, but minor for many), and its bad to leave developers questioning about this kind of stuff.

3 Likes