[CLOSED] 2020 ON-SITE Summer Accelerator Opportunity

Still have a few years to go before I can actually apply…

Good luck to all who applied / will be applying

2 Likes

Good luck to all the future accelerators!!

5 Likes

I think this is a wonderful opportunity for different people and I would for sure love to be in the Summer Accelerator Opportunity but unfortunately, I am not yet the right age but in a few years hopefully, there will be an opportunity for this again.

1 Like

Oh, it’s not me that has the age problem, just others I know.
But it’s good to know that Roblox sticks with the law :wink:

1 Like

Good luck to all the teams/applicants! I am seriously considering applying once I turn of age. At that point, I’ll be pretty prepared for the internship, and I’ll be excited to interact with inspirational Roblox people in person, not just over the interwebs.

Does the pitch have to be the same amongst all the people on the team? Or do we do our own variation of the pitch?

When I’ve applied I’ve opted for everyone having the same pitch, but at the end of the pitch having each member write a sentence that’s personal to them about the given project. Makes it obvious they are all apart of the same team, but also gives the selection committee something to think about that is more specific to each member.

6 Likes

Are dates flexible that I would be able to start a month late in July or would I have to wait for the next Accelerator sessions to apply?

I’ve been thinking about this a bit lately and I think I’m actually really interested and I would like to apply, but because I’m Canadian I graduate in July. I am also not quite sure whether or not I’ll be graduating this year (spoiler alert: things are not going well).

1 Like

They’re not flexible. They start in May and or June (since I’ve seen people getting responses that they need to be over 18 by June to apply) and there’s nothing you can do with it unless your school would be cool with you going so early.

I don’t know if this is necessarily true. There have been cases of flexibility, even to this level, in the past. I think @colbert2677’s best option would be to ask this question directly to RoughSphereBlox, making sure to include context and a more clear date.

2 Likes

Part of the reason why I made a post here was because after a bit of lamenting on Discord that I wasn’t able to go, I was reached out to by a member of Developer Relations (specifically, a certain god) that the dates were flexible and that I should try applying. We’re unsure of if the flexibility extends a month over though so I made a post here regarding it.

I will be graduating at the very end of June. Exam feedback comes on the 23rd and commencement is on the 25th, so I would be able to start some time early July if it can be stretched that much.

3 Likes

Let’s gooo!Good luck to everyone.

1 Like

Already signed up with me and my team, would love to experience this!

I would go ahead and apply, and we can discuss date specifics when we get there. We try to be flexible but do want everyone to start by end of June.

6 Likes

I wish the best of luck to those who are applying! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a great opportunity! Already applied with my team, I hope to see you there!

1 Like

Sounds very fun. I look forward to possibly participating in the future!

Very late question here: Does the January 6 due date mean January 6 @ 11:59pm PST?

1 Like

Would love to know this as well, still trying to get something sorted out with devrel and have yet to get a response.

@AstroCode @Reshiram110 I would submit an application anyway and figure out any scheduling or traveling problems at a later point after talking to them. Submitting an application does not mean you have to take the offer if they accept your application.

2 Likes