[CLOSED] 2020 REMOTE Fall Accelerator Opportunity

I do understand the reasons, but that doesn’t make it not disappointing.

1 Like

That’s really a great opportunity for everyone, regardless of their origin area!
Sadly I’m not 18 yet (not even closely…), but when I’ll be 18 I’ll make sure to apply!

1 Like

Surprised that there is no dedicated post for those looking to compile a team this time.

I do not think they have to claim copyright on the site they already own. I am no expert in the matter, but I doubt they would not let you cash out your creation.

Good luck!

1 Like

For copyright I mean like if I create a game with characters or art assets such as drawings or textures does my team get to own the rights to them? The site stuff like the blocks and engine and stuff still belong to Roblox of course.

1 Like

Good luck to all applying and commiserations to anyone under 18 at the time, I’m sure there will be plenty of opportunity in the future.

If there are any 3D modelers without a team to apply with, we’re looking for one here: [CLOSED] Looking for 3D Modeler!

3 Likes

AFAIK, and I’m happy to be corrected on this, usual rules apply as far as UGC copyright where have creative rights to anything you’ve created and can DevEx the same way.

3 Likes

Question about the program (unsure if I’ve asked this last year or not).

So @Spathi are seriously considering applying, but he’s enrolling in university this Fall and does not know his schedule yet. I’ve heard horror stories about previous accelerators trying to juggle heavy uni schedules with the program’s schedule.

If we were to apply (and theoretically get accepted), is there a timeframe for us to drop out of the accelerator program in the event his schedule this Fall is too busy? If his schedule isn’t too busy, great, we can participate in the program. If not, we’d need to drop out.

Would really appreciate a response to this, we’re looking to apply but we’re unsure of how busy we’ll be this Fall and thus need a fallback plan.

5 Likes

What time does the accelerator program itself start? My team is wanting to start on a new project, but we also just released one last week and will be focused on updates for that project. So a time frame on when the accelerator itself will take place would be helpful.

1 Like

Would a portfolio still be searched for even though I didn’t submit one? Just got curious a bit.

You will receive an Offer for the program in mid-late July. It is up to you whether or not you accept this offer. I added a FAQ associated with doing the program while in College, as well.

2 Likes

Hi!

I’m an existing accelerator, but for people applying to this program, I think it would be useful to be transparent about what Roblox is looking for in a quality team.

Would Roblox be able to shed some light on what Roblox is looking for on both a personal level, a team level, and on a project level?

20 Likes

Can you clarify this? Thank you.

Do you know when the offer would have to be accepted by (if I theoretically received one)?

What about people who live in places where that time is near impossible to meet? 10am-6pm PST is 1am-9am in my time, and I probably wake up around 7, so that only leaves like 1-2 hours max? :confused::confused:

I think nobody has asked this question before, sorry if I am mistaken.

Can we apply more than once with different developer teams?

3 Likes

Probably not, what would you do if both teams got accepted?

1 Like

Does anyone know if you can apply when you’re 19? Like for my country, I go to university at 21 years old(for boys) so like I can still apply for this right?

Do note that I’m no where near 18 years old but I’m asking for clarification.

1 Like

the meeting times for my country would be between 3 am and 11 am. should i just not apply or is it flexible

3 Likes

As long as your 18 or higher you can apply. Any younger than 18 you can’t apply i’m guessing due to legal reasons as this is a internship.

3 Likes