[CLOSED] 2020 REMOTE Fall Accelerator Opportunity

Firstly, Roblox* not “ROBLOX”.

Secondly, Roblox by law cannot bring minors in; the accelerator program is a full time, multiple week program which emulates AAA game development, you just can’t replicate that in a program designed for children.

2 Likes

There’s legal reasons for it being an 18+ only program. For 1, it’s a full time work load (40 hours a week) which someone under 18 (ie still in school) cannot possibly find time to do. It’s also a paid internship. Be breaking all kinds of laws employing children.

2 Likes

Oh, right. My bad.

2nd:
I always spell “Roblox” with capital letters. It’s like my way of telling it’s me.

1 Like

I’m unsure if I am allowed to ask this question, but would interviews be conducted with the whole team or just the team leader? Thanks.

1 Like

Heya guys! If you’re looking for a team to join please consider mine! Check out my pitch here: [CLOSED] Programmer/Artist for Fall Accelerator Program Game!

Hope to work with you!

Hello all! My studio (Old Baron Inc) is looking for a new member to help fill out our team before we apply! My partner and I have been making games together for two years and have a ton of combined experience on the platform!

If you’re a coder who hasn’t found a team yet, maybe we’re right for you! [ CLOSED ] HIRING Programmer for Old Baron Inc!

Entire team would be interviewed at the call.

3 Likes

Hello, I had a few questions also,

1. Some of my team members are concerned about being “locked in” to this and are unsure of when exactly this starts, can you tell me the exact date and time of when the internship begins?
  2. Can you tell me if I am able to remove and add team members in between the time of me submitting the application and the internship starting?
  3. I currently have multiple games, and we have multiple ideas, are you comfortable with us submitting them all on the application, and letting the people who review our application decide which one we should work on?

Thank you very much for helping me, have a wonderful day!

1. We don’t include an “Exact Date” because we usually try and establish one/two that works for the most people. It’s looking like September 7/14 right now.

2. I would prefer you not plan on shuffling team members around. I understand things can happen (people can no longer participate, etc) but we want solid teams coming into the program, not fluid ones. Fluid usually means volatile.

3. We do not want to be the ones deciding what you work on. We want you to work on what you’re passionate about. You should come in with the game that you think this program would benefit the most.

4 Likes

We are quite new to Roblox development and are feverishly working on a new game. We are excited about our game and we think we can make it very successful. Our overall concept isn’t terribly unique (we are kind of surprised it doesn’t exist already), but we have a small idea or two we haven’t seen done before on Roblox. Of course we hope to participate in the Accelerator to help us succeed sooner.

As we are new and our game really only has a few proof of concept features implemented, and as there are clearly many talented, more experienced, and bigger development teams out there (building a bigger better Roblox world for all), we are trying to fly under the radar with our idea until we get bit further along. And it sounds like, Roblox gets applicants with similar games and Roblox sometimes selects a couple of those teams.

Not to be paranoid, but it would be good to know: “How confidential is our application and how far can elements of our elevator pitch and our nascent game demo travel?” Just within an internal Accelerator application review team? To Accelerator team advisors?, Outside the company?

Also, at what point in the process would we be expected to be more open to the dev world about what we are working on?

Thanks.

Hey there, I’d like to apply and help program for my team. I have programming availability all week long and home all the time but I have huge social anxiety problems, I am wondering if it would be possible to make an exception for video conferences for my participation so I just use voice instead? Thanks a bunch

2 Likes

Looking for an animator/modelor to join our team pls message on discord if interested(: MissRileyLane #7112

That is not how you find them. You need to create a new post and put it in the right section.

1 Like

I already have an idea for this and have a partner but we need one more person! Spectra#9207 Message me! The game involves education.

When in the accelerator program if you want to collaborate with part-time developers do they also have to be >18?

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
STAY SAFE HOME!
All Player!
So, you think covid-19 will end by then and everything will go back to normal? What will happen if it doesn’t and it turns out to be longer? Would it just be online then on-site?

3 Likes

The accelerator program has no part-time clone.

2 Likes

Never said anything like that, the program description states:
“We encourage you to collaborate with contractors, part-time developers, and any addition resources you need before, during, and after the program.”

My question is that if those people must also be older than 18.

So with the reimbursement, if you go out and buy some gear for this program, they will pay you the same amount you just spent? So it’s basically like they bought the gear for you? Or how does that work?

Do we own full rights to a game as well? Or would Roblox own a piece of it to gain that money?