[CLOSED] 2020 REMOTE Fall Accelerator Opportunity

Why is the program still 18+ if its completely remote now?

2 Likes

Due to legal reasons and everything of that sort. Even said above, There’s no bending that.

1 Like
  1. All team members need to apply with the same game. We want you to work on the game you’re passionate about.

2. The program is run from PST time, so we’ll need everyone to try and fit to PST as much as they can. The program is 3 months regardless of time zone.

4 Likes

The program is tailored for game development. We want teams that are working on a new game, or improving an existing one.

3 Likes

Legally, we are unable to accommodate anyone under 18, whether on-site or remote.

4 Likes

Given the understanding that you are looking for unique games with a vision, would it be better to give a description of any tech that might make the game stand out along with the unique gameplay aspects or would you recommend that the elevator pitch stays as short and catchy as possible, while lesser details are saved for a separate design document?

I would highly recommend finishing what you’re working on to demonstrate that you are capable of working together, and completing a project. Ideally, we are looking for games that are starting from the ground up, or already have established a foundation and are looking to add more on top.

7 Likes

Do the team members also have to be at the age of 18+ or is it something like 13+?

This is specific to Team Members not the Team Leaders or Participants of the program.

1 Like

Team members are the participants of the program, so, 18+.

1 Like

I saw somewhere someone was hiring developers for their accelerator program game and it was 13+.

Would the team leaders be able to hire devs for commissions for models per say that aren’t participating?

1 Like

The people that the accelerators might commisson can be under 18, just people under 18 can’t join the team itself as accelerators.

1 Like

Alright, sounds good. Thank you for the info I greatly appreciate it.

Providing this years accelerators do well working in remote, will it possibly keep the door permanently open in the future for remote positions, even if a small % of spaces are allocated for it? It would make the accelerator position much easier for many people in the Europe region.

At the same time if the accelerators can’t perform to the best of their ability (not being on site can remove the “pressure” element) of actual meetings and physical social attendance will they be penalised heavy for not performing well? might the programme this year be cut short as a result of poor global performance?

Edit; removed last question

1 Like

Your question has been answered in the first FAQ Answer, you will have the opportunity to work in-office if restrictions ease, however, those who want to, will be able to work remotely.

1 Like

I was wondering if you’re allowed to work on a pre-existing game? For example, myself and @DevBuckette are currently half way-through working on a huge revamp for Kingdom Life II. I was wondering if this would be applicable, or if we’d have to create an entirely brand new concept?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Yes, this would be applicable.

1 Like

Would it be an issue if the team leader wasn’t the owner of the game being produced, but the owner was a part of the team?

Thanks again.

1 Like

I believe this is an amazing opportunity, but I also want to know what developers get out of this concretely. As far as I’m aware, you get:
• Financial support for equipment requirements
• Exposure for the project at hand
Is there anything else I am unaware of? Do we get developer-related guidance? Will we be taught new skills, or given professional advice?

Cheers!

1 Like

I’d love to apply if this opportunity is available in the future. :shamrock: