[CLOSED] 2020 REMOTE Fall Accelerator Opportunity

As far as I’m aware, you will have sessions with Roblox employees where you can be given feedback on your project and the direction you are taking it in as well as feedback from fellow accelerators, though this goes both ways with regards to giving platform feedback to Roblox - this is why it is usually done in-office and why timezone’s are an issue.

2 Likes

Not sure I understand this question. So the owner would be a part of the program, but someone else would be the team leader? If that is correct, then yes, this is fine.

3 Likes

I have a couple more questions if you’d be able to answer:

Could we have some more clarification regarding the positions we can fill in our team:

• More specifically, who would be considered apart of the development team (People who are working daily on the game and receive a stipend)

• Are there any specific constraints that an elevator pitch or description of game plans have?

People participating in the program should be working on the game full-time. If someone would not have 40 hours of work a week for 3 months, they would not be full-time, thus they should not be a participant for the program.

If someone doesn’t fall in said full-time bucket, this doesn’t mean you shouldn’t work with them! It just means we aren’t offering them a spot in the program.

For an elevator pitch, imagine you get in an Elevator with Builderman, CEO of Roblox. You have from Floor 1 to Floor 3 to get him interested in your game. In as few words as possible, you need to sell your game.

13 Likes

It is USD. Its sort of like a paid internship.

2 Likes

Question: Since “a builder and programmer must apply” requirement isn’t listed here as it’s always been, can we apply without a programmer and just outsource one?

Anyone who has tasks that must be completed for the game to ship and be functional must be a part of the program (typically a programmer and builder). Not including this was an oversight, and I will revise the OP.

3 Likes

I don’t know if this is allow, but I am looking for a team to join, here’s my portfolio if you’re interested, My Portfolio by: RED

1 Like

Because there’s still no place to find others looking to joins teams, I’ll post this here.

I’m still looking for another team member! Specifically a 3D modeler. If you’re interested in joining my team, you can reach out to me Via the devforums, message me on twitter @thunder1222rblx, or add me on discord, Vincent#6575. Thank you!

So unlucky! I turn 18 in October, I’m so bummed out.
Next time. Is there going to be a next time, anyways?

Good luck to the applying people!

1 Like

Don’t worry, only have to wait 6 years. Funny, don’t you think? Anyone can be a developer.

I honestly am dissappointed at how much ROBLOX focuses their program to the 18+ auidence.

Many developers are young, and they know alot and have fun scripting. It’s sad to ROBLOX focus most of their programs, accelerators and etc. to the 18+ auidence.

I would love to attend but can’t because of my age.

ROBLOX should focus their programs to the auidence that is also below 18 years of age.

1 Like

Firstly, Roblox* not “ROBLOX”.

Secondly, Roblox by law cannot bring minors in; the accelerator program is a full time, multiple week program which emulates AAA game development, you just can’t replicate that in a program designed for children.

2 Likes

There’s legal reasons for it being an 18+ only program. For 1, it’s a full time work load (40 hours a week) which someone under 18 (ie still in school) cannot possibly find time to do. It’s also a paid internship. Be breaking all kinds of laws employing children.

2 Likes

Oh, right. My bad.

2nd:
I always spell “Roblox” with capital letters. It’s like my way of telling it’s me.

1 Like

I’m unsure if I am allowed to ask this question, but would interviews be conducted with the whole team or just the team leader? Thanks.

1 Like

Heya guys! If you’re looking for a team to join please consider mine! Check out my pitch here: [CLOSED] Programmer/Artist for Fall Accelerator Program Game!

Hope to work with you!

Hello all! My studio (Old Baron Inc) is looking for a new member to help fill out our team before we apply! My partner and I have been making games together for two years and have a ton of combined experience on the platform!

If you’re a coder who hasn’t found a team yet, maybe we’re right for you! [ CLOSED ] HIRING Programmer for Old Baron Inc!

Entire team would be interviewed at the call.

3 Likes

Hello, I had a few questions also,

1. Some of my team members are concerned about being “locked in” to this and are unsure of when exactly this starts, can you tell me the exact date and time of when the internship begins?
  2. Can you tell me if I am able to remove and add team members in between the time of me submitting the application and the internship starting?
  3. I currently have multiple games, and we have multiple ideas, are you comfortable with us submitting them all on the application, and letting the people who review our application decide which one we should work on?

Thank you very much for helping me, have a wonderful day!