(Closed) Apply to be an Intern at Roblox! (Summer 2019)

Roblox’s Imagination Platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, enabling people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Powered by a global community of millions of developers and creators, Roblox allows anyone to build, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable.

Imagine what we can build together.

Roblox is looking for amazing Interns for a variety of teams: Applications, Growth, Developer Relations, and the list goes on! You will be playing a critical role in scaling our infrastructure at a time of incredible growth and be able to shape the future of the Imagination Platform™. We’re looking for intelligent and creative individuals who have a strong desire to learn new languages and be on the cutting-edge of entertainment technologies! You will be matched with and mentored by a senior software engineer from our knowledgeable and veteran engineering staff. Imagine how much of an impact your contribution to the platform will have globally!

You Are:

• Passionate about games, user generated content, social networking, and the Roblox community!
  • Adaptable and are able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
  • A Coding Champion working towards mastery of one or more programming languages such as Go, Node.js, Ruby, Python, C++, Lua, Swift, C# or Java.
  • Eager to Learn and want real-world exposure to industry-leading frameworks and libraries.
  • Tenacious about learning and creating a great experience as you work hard with your team to reach collective goals.

You will:

• Be embedded into a software engineering team with responsibility and deliverables
  • Regularly ship code to production
  • Own and present to leadership a summer internship project
  • Work collaboratively with Roblox’s design, product, data, QA, and DevOps teams.
  • Gain valuable and marketable experience helping to build one of the fastest growing software platforms in Silicon Valley
  • Work and support one of our talented teams:
    • Applications - The Applications team builds features for our lua applications built on top of the Roblox Application Framework, that allows engineers to efficiently author first-class experiences for all platforms Roblox supports simultaneously.
    • Developer Relations - The Developer Relations team educates and empowers our developer community. As part of this team, you would help improve and maintain our developer and educator web portals, along with making sample games and recipes in the Roblox game engine.
    • Game Experience - Help us create and refine engaging user controls and interface. The tools we build are used by both developers and players on Roblox!
    • Growth - The Growth team is the rapid testing and prototyping team at Roblox. For the summer we’ll be asking you to work with other famous Roblox Devs to make a new tutorial-type game that every first-time user on Roblox will start by playing. This “game” will be made entirely in Roblox Studio / LUA.

Duration: 10 weeks

To apply:

Complete the Google form. We will contact you if there is a fit.

116 Likes

We are all excited to apply! Thank you for the opportunity!

19 Likes

No engineering internships, or will those be announced separately?

11 Likes

whenever I get the chance in a few years, ill try to sign up! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hmm, I thought past internships were usually 11 weeks. :frowning:

5 Likes

I can’t apply this year, but I can and will in 2020. Good luck to everyone applying this year!

16 Likes

The program lasts 10 weeks, but is there any information on around when the program would begin?

7 Likes

The internship will be for 10 weeks in Summer 2019.

4 Likes

I’d assume the minimum age is 18 since this is an internship for an actual job, correct?

5 Likes

Most summer internships in the United States starts at 16.

3 Likes

ah, okay. I’m not really caught up on laws regarding age and jobs and stuff

5 Likes

Amazing opportunity for everyone who wants to experience roblox from inside out! Sadly I am not able to apply this year, but im wishing good luck to everyone who does.

4 Likes

In the past, they have specified other internships to be minimum 18, so I would expect the same for this.

4 Likes

Must be 18 years or older

6 Likes

This is an amazing opportunity to make Roblox awesome along side our awesome staff. I can’t do much but it wouldn’t hurt to apply, wouldn’t it?

2 Likes

I am wondering, do you consider Canadians more problematic than US Applicants? I am not legally allowed to work in the US unless I have a work visa. While you guys did specify such conditions I am wondering if it’ll be more of an issue to deal with.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a lot of work for an employer to sponsor a work visa, that’s why you need to specify it on the form.

4 Likes

You were right haha

2 Likes

I did multiple internships at Roblox as a Canadian! If you’re attending a recognized university then you’re likely eligible for a visa.

2 Likes

Ah, that’s going to be a Problem. I was more looking for something I could use to get into a specific school I was aiming for. This school(VFS) requires some level of basic experience before I can apply. Perhaps I got this whole thing wrong, I am not currently attending a University. Would you mind help clearing up some basic questions I may have to ask via messages?

1 Like