(Closed) Apply to be an Intern at Roblox! (Summer 2019)

I sent in an application a few days ago, but I have some questions that the original post does not go over. When do applications close, or more specifically, does it remain open until a sufficient amount of applications have been turned in? If we end up being selected, when will we be contacted? A few days, a week, or more? And if we’re not selected, will we not be contacted at all?

And lastly, will the specific date that the internships start/end be announced privately to all those that are selected? We know the period of the internship is 10 weeks but the actual start and end date is not known. I would imagine if you are selected to be an intern that you will be told this, but I just want to make sure.

Other than that, I wish everyone else that’s applying to become an intern the best of luck.

9 Likes

I know this is dumb to ask but is there am age requirement to work as an intern? Say, I am 15 and I would love to work as an intern. Some of my friends worked as a former accelerator/incubator and said people must be at a working age to work as an intern here, would that be correct? Among with other possible requirements as well. I think you should perhaps include in this thread the requirements to actually apply and work because I would love to work as one!

3 Likes

You need to be over 18 to apply. Many people said that in the responses above.

2 Likes

Okay, sorry. Thanks for point that out. I didn’t notice. :confused:

5 Likes

Thanks for reaching out. We will accept applications until the role has been filled. We will contact you if there is a fit.

5 Likes

Thank you very much for the clarification on this matter.

1 Like

If we accidently left some stuff out can we resubmit a new one (as in is the newest application sent is the one reviewed?)

Many of the positions above are for Engineering Interns.

The Applications team work in Lua to help build the mobile and console interfaces for Roblox and help to build the Lua frameworks that underpin much of the Lua development at Roblox.

The Game Experience team works on both Player and Developer facing interfaces with the goal of making it easier to play and develop games on Roblox.

The Growth team is also working with Developers and Players to help understand what makes a great game and working to make the first time user experience for new Players and Developers as smooth and intuitive as possible.

This is not an exhaustive list of what each of the teams are working on, but just a quick sample of things that fall into each team’s area of expertise. If you are interested in Engineering and working with real world problems, this is an excellent opportunity to get started as a member of the Roblox team!

4 Likes

Sorry - should’ve been more specific - no client/studio/web internships at the moment?

Please complete a new entry on the Google form. Thanks!

1 Like

Each of these teams are made up of Client, Web and Studio engineers, as many of these features require expertise in all of these areas. Interns will work as members of these teams and be paired with an experienced engineering member of the team. Individual tasks will usually be focused on one section of the code base, typically client, web or studio and Interns will be matched up with these tasks based on experience and relevant skills.

9 Likes

I very much enjoy the idea of the Growth Team! I will consider this :o

If I was in the area, I’d certainly apply! It’s just too far away (another country).

1 Like

These are paid internships, and they pay enough to cover your expenses for the duration.
I’ve interned (Accelerator) at Roblox HQ for the past two summers and I live in the UK.

3 Likes

Will we be notified regardless of acceptance?

4 Likes

Is there any prerequisite of any skills required for the internship? Will consider in the near future.

Under the “YOU ARE” section it lists pre-reqs.

If you extrapolate from Roblox’s past applications (RDC 2018 speakers, accelerator/incubator program, etc), only those who get accepted will hear back. There is a very strong tendency to not tell people who didn’t get accepted, and require people who did get accepted to not say anything about being accepted.

1 Like

On the contrary, I have gotten rejection responses from Roblox for the accelerator program.

1 Like

Can I do this remotely, without having to go to Cali just to intern?

1 Like