[Closed] - Blox Motel

Your junk car has left you stranded again.

Only this time, in the middle of nowhere.

There’s a light up ahead.

A motel.

Perhaps your luck isn’t so bad after all…

Recruiting is CLOSED - Thank you.
Old Details - NO LONGER RECRUITING

Recruiting multi-talented people for a brand new project!

Team Member - GameTapped
Team Member - Pending
Team Member - Pending
Team Member - Pending

Team Member Requirements:

A team member should have one or more of the following developer talents:

Basic Scripting.
We need a team member who is interested in doing GUI and client side effects. This would be for animations, special effects, camera effects, and other local scripts. Good spot for a beginner programmer. I can help along as needed.

Basic Building.
We need a team member who enjoys building. Little things, big things. You should have knowledge or be willing to learn about triangle counts and memory usage in your builds. We will be targeting mobile. If you have experience with 3d modeling software or are willing to learn, we’ll consider that a bonus talent.

Animations and Special Effects.
We need a team member who enjoys making character animations and special effects. I can assist any scripting needed to get them into the desired effect/timing.

Map Design and Environmental Artistry.
We need a team member who has a passion for map design. Laying things out, creating an atmosphere. Fine attention to small details. I can help take some designs to another level with scripted effects.

Community Engagement.
We need a team member who likes to lead small communities. The forward face of the group who meets and greets and caters to members often. A Promoter of social activities. Someone with experience in leading hotel groups, or other horror genre groups would be preferred but not required.

2D Art.
We need a team member who is good at and enjoys making 2d art. We’ll need to create graphics within the game, for the group, for the game page, and for advertisements. They should know or be willing to learn about image aspect ratios, and image file formats.

Project Details:

The focus of this project will be to have fun, creating a fun game. The final game design will be based on the collaborative visions and ideas of the team members. You will retain all intellectual property rights to all of your creations, unless we agree otherwise. I will be leading us in direction, from time to time, but you will not be working “for” me. You’ll be on your own - working with me and the rest of the team.

This is a leisurely paced project, to work on when we’re not busy working on other things. We should still strive to have something good/monetized together by September, so we can push heavy marketing during October. (we’ll do it every year)

Payment Details:

Each member of the team will be paid 20% of group profits.
Each member of the team will receive 5% of group profits to be put into a group bond.
The group bond will be used collaboratively to further the groups developments.
If you decide to leave the team at any time, you will take 5% of the group bond with you.

This is a new startup, so all are welcome to apply. Ideal candidates would be very interested in the theme, and have some thoughts going on with how you can contribute. With the right team, I am confident we can achieve great success.

Please submit this short application if you are interested in joining.
Blox Motel Developer Application

Thank you for your time and interest in our project.
Best wishes to all.

Please direct any questions below.

1 Like

Is there a discord we can contact you at? The application really makes no sense. It’s a survey.

Do you have any builds done, or was that picture just something you found on the web/self made picture.

Answers to some questions:

My discord is gtgames#4812 - I am rarely on though.
The application tells me who you are, what you do, and helps me gauge your creativeness.
So yea like a 1 minute survey to see who is interested and what they are willing to contribute.

The picture was from the interwebs, and edited for this purpose. We’ll be starting from a blank slate. Building isn’t really my specialty, but I did quickly put together a place that draws the atmosphere and idea. It’s what you see in the game link.

Super interesting game idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you everyone who showed interest in the project.
I received enough applications to make multiple teams.
I am going to review the candidates and see where I think each person will be able to thrive.

Also, golly, thanks to the person who threw a dislike at the preview place I put together in a day, the preview place has been taken down, and I won’t say anything else about it.

Please join the group if you’re interested to see where this project goes.

Thanks again! Cheers!!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.