[Closed] Bloxy Kart - v4.0 DevForum Beta

Thanks for testing!

Bloxy Kart v4.0 has been blocked off until June 11, 2022. Once the Bloxy Kart Event is concluded, please look in #help-and-feedback:creations-feedback to help us find bugs in a more finalized version of v4.0.

Please join us for our Live Event on Saturday, June 18, 2022 at 3:00 PM! More Info

Greetings developers!

Im BillB1ox, buy you can call me Willi for short. For the past 6 months, I have been working really hard on the forth major version of Bloxy Kart, v4.0.

v4.0 introduces a TON of new features and changes that you do not want to miss, and even some of the most requested ones.

New Features:

• Cross Server matchmaking
  • Kart Customization
  • Brand new and redesigned UI
  • New and improved graphics (Graphics are turned off by default for compatibility reasons)
  • Rewritten major components of the game
  • Ranking Systems (As in 1st, 2nd, 3rd place)
  • Reworked multiplayer games
  • Reworked kart
  • Tons of under-the-hood improvements + bug fixes.
  • Item Boxes
  • Battle Mode

And there are even more that I cannot think of from the top of my head.

Upcoming Features:

Everything that was on the roadmap is now in the game :partying_face:
If there is a ton of time left, expect a modifiers feature to be added.

There are also TONS of unused features that may or may not end up in the final version of 4.0!

Test Here

Please also provide feedback by leaving a reply. I want the game to be perfected by release.

Can’t wait to see what you have to say.

Does v4.0 sound exciting?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

10 Likes

So good!
General experience great.
Lobby must be improved
You will probably get bad ratings from ragers cause I tried Jurassic the dino skull was so annoying, his tooth came out of nowhere and made me lose >:C
I still gave it a upvote.
I like it a lot, maybe make a quality map one day. :smiley:

2 Likes

Good game. Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I might just remake Jurassic entirely.

And the lobby is just temporary and I am trying to figure out how to make it good.

2 Likes

Just released Build 3A963h to make the Jurassic map a lot bigger. The teeth have been a problem in the past.

Let me know if there is anything else that needs to be changed!

2 Likes

Bloxy Kart v4.0 - Developer Beta 2

Developer Beta 2 is now released!

New Features:

• New (Somewhat finalized) Lobby
  • New Map: Ninja Island
  • Item Boxes!
    (Item Boxes are available on all game modes during testing, but only on the Ninja Island Map)

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a bug where music wouldn’t play in the lobby
  • Fixed all messages in Developer Console excluding prints and unused features (In Lobby Only)
  • Fixed the Boatmobile Kart

Test Here!

2 Likes

Great UIs, cool maps and cool models. 10/10 :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!
Is there anything that should be changed?

This is a lovely game with very consistent UI.

I only have a few suggestions:

Eh?

This shouldn’t be TextScaled (and nothing, really, should—see this). Use AutomaticSize instead.

Any reason why my location is here?

The save cart button didn’t immediately tell me that it was there to flip me over. I’d also like this to be bound by a keybind.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I will apply everything as soon as possible.

That is the Roblox Server that you are closest to. Games like Arsenal have a similar system. I might remove it for user friendliness sake.

1 Like

Working on Developer Beta 3. Its main focus will be Performance and Efficiency along with suggestions, bug fixes and UX Improvements, but I may or may not work on the item boxes.

If you have a suggestion to make the game better and if it isn’t a feature, I will get to work on it as soon as you reply (As long as I am not working on anything else)

And maybe the new Lobby music if my composer is done with it by the time Beta 3 is ready :eyes:

Think you gotta fix this:

Cart flips over and can’t get up.

Cool game otherwise

This actually happened to me twice

Thanks for the feedback! Have you tried the Save Kart button?

I will probably figure out how to automatically detect if a kart is flipped over, and flip it at the same position.

Bloxy Kart Beta 3 is currently the most efficient version of Bloxy Kart after v1.0.0 released!

Every single map is able to run on very low-end hardware while being a lot easier to add a ton of new features to!

What are you looking forward to most from Beta 3?

• Performance Fixes
  • Bug Fixes
  • Item Box Improvements
  • Maps being re-added to the game

0 voters

Bloxy Kart v4.0 - Developer Beta 3

Developer Beta 3 is now released!

New Features:

• Maps return

Bug Fixes:

• Multiple Mobile Issues fixed
  • Kart fixes
  • Internal fixes
  • Performance issues fixes
  • Bloxy Kart 4.0 Beta 3 runs more reliable than any other version of Bloxy Kart.

Beta 4 will have even more bug fixes, as I found a ton more bugs.

The game looks very good, I’m looking forward to seeing how it develops from here!

The only feedback I’d give is:

• The car flips over a lot, this can be pretty frustrating, especially in a multiplayer match.

• Add an effect for when the car is saved, like a sound cue and particles (or something carrying the player).

• During a race the side buttons take up a large portion of the screen, maybe the buttons can be stored in a menu? (And the save car button could appear when the car is flipped over)

• Better visual feedback when hitting a item box, like particles making it look like you crashed into and destroyed the box.

Overall the game plays pretty well. Some maps might need more decorations though, and more particles and sounds could make the game feel more polished.

If adding more decorations would cause performance issues you could add a toggle for them in a settings menu, that way mobile devices can play and PC/Console devices get the best experience.

1 Like

iPhones and iPads are extremely capable. Not worried about them. More worried about Windows and Android, and there is a toggle in settings to turn off textures and shadows.

Sounds like a great idea, but not on the higher priority list. Thanks for the suggestion, and if we have time, we will add it. I just want to finish Modifiers and Battle Mode before I start on anything else.

Maybe. Is a sound not good enough? I tried replicating the same exact as Mariokart.

There is a setting to reduce the size of the UI.

Bloxy Kart v4.0 - Beta 4

That’s right! The Developer part of Developer Beta is now dropped!

New Features:

• Added a new API that makes it a lot easier to add new maps in the future.
    → Before, every single map would need to be added 7 times in the lobby. Now, it only needs to be added once.
    → Note: This will cause all icons to show up as Bloxy Kart Icons. This will be fixed in a future update
  • New Map: Canyon Speedway
  • The last returning map: Chocoblox Process
  • Karts now steadily slow down when you stop accelerating. They no longer stop right away.
    → Press S to activate brakes. A Parking Brake may be re-added in the future, but I really do not want to complicate the system
    → This may be tweaked in a future update
  • Local Multiplayer Booths now fade through the maps every 20 seconds. For testing purposes, it is set to 5 seconds. This is because there is not enough space in the lobby for more maps
  • New Menu Bar theme

Bug Fixes / Improvements:

• Improved lobby performance by combining a few scripts together that do the same exact thing
  • Fixed an issue where karts may seem weird for other players
  • Fixed multiple mobile issues
  • Fixed karts being really unresponsive in the Lobby
  • Fixed First Person view
  • Changed hotkey for the Saver to use the Space Bar instead of Q
  • Teleporting Screens use Bloxy Kart 4 style instead of Bloxy Kart 3
  • Fixed an issue where the stars may be inaccurate in the lobby
  • Fixed an issue where more information page inside of the lobby may be inaccurate

Test Here!

https://www.roblox.com/games/8168762350/Bloxy-Kart-v4-0-Developer-Beta

And also, please comment down your suggestions as usual! I want the game to be perfect!

Hey! This isn’t a race track!

I wonder what it is…
Perhaps coming in the next beta?

Having only a sound is fine, having more visual feedback can make the game look a bit better, but isn’t necessary.

Ah sorry, I didn’t think to look for a settings menu. My bad.

When I mentioned performance I meant that if you were to add more decorations (lights, particles, detailed meshes) that you could make them optional, that way capable devices got the best looking experience and poor-performant devices can toggle them off.

As for Windows, I wouldn’t worry about it too much, most Windows PCs handle Roblox well, and I’ve seen laptops with only 8GB of RAM and no GPU be able to play decently big games (though usually with the graphics settings set to low).

1 Like