[CLOSED] Hiring Full-Time Scripter for Roblox High School 2

[I’ve gone through all the applications and the position has been filled now! Thanks to everyone who applied. I’ll post here again if we have any other openings in the future.]

Hi there! :wave:
My name’s Brian, and I’m looking for another full-time scripter to join the Cinder Studio team and work on Roblox High School 2 with us, our popular social roleplaying game which has received 390M+ visits since launching in December 2018!

Overview

Over the past couple of months, we’ve been working on a major overhaul of the game called the Graduation Update - this will include a brand new map, updated minigames, new/updated features, and lots of other new content! This is the biggest and most exciting update we’ve ever planned, and we’re aiming to release it later this summer.

We’ve already made a lot of progress on the update, but right now I’m just the lone scripter on the team, so I’ll need the help of another partner to get everything ready in time for this summer. After we’ve released the Graduation Update, we’ll also be continuing with regular updates to the game in the future.

I plan on tackling most of the remaining UI programming work, as well as upgrading all of the game’s existing features and systems. Your main responsibility for this update will be developing new game features, content (such as interactive items, minigames, etc.), and other new stuff that’ll knock our players’ socks off. :socks:

The Team

• Cindering (Lead Developer, Scripter)
  • MorphoPeleides (Map Builder)
  • ilyannna (Map Builder/3D Modeler)
  • theloudscream (UI Designer/Artist)
  • dayzeedog (Furniture Builder)
  • NWSpacek (Vehicles)

We’re a super chill and quirky bunch of people with a tight-knit team bond, and we love to hang out and have fun along the way! We’ll all be working very closely together to make something we’re truly proud of.

We’ve also got an amazing, highly diverse community of players around the game - the players are at the center of everything, so I’m looking for folks who truly care about crafting an experience that will put smiles on their faces :)

Important things to have:

• Plenty of prior experience scripting Roblox games
  • Detail-oriented mindset - it’s those extra touches that make the game shine
  • Must understand how to support PC/mobile/gamepad controls equally
  • Solid understanding of client-server networking, and doing sanity checks to keep these communications secure
  • Ability to write scalable code that can be built upon in future updates
  • (Nice to have) Familiarity with UI development
  • Good communicator and a friendly team member
  • Fully committed to creating something awesome with us!

More Details:

We’re a fully remote team, and you will be expected to work 30-40 hours a week. How you organize those hours is up to you - you can create your own schedule that works best for you and allows you to do your best work.

This is a long-term position - our main focus right now is the Graduation Update, and after that, we will continue with regular updates to the game over the many months to come.

You will be paid 1,500,000 Robux (equivalent to $5,250 USD/month or $63,000 USD annually) via group funds after the end of each month.

How to Apply:

You must be 18 years or older to apply. You’ll be given a contract to sign if you’re accepted.
If you’re interested, you can apply via Devforum DM (@Cindering). You can also contact me on Twitter (@CinderingRB). Looking forward to hearing from ya. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thank you!

30 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 0 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.